• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia announce RTX Super card Founders Edition Pricing

Soldato
Anyone who buys a card called "super" needs their head checked.

The second hand 10xx series cards are the way to go. Save some money and wait for the next cards.

Soldato

Meh, I couldn't care less about the naming convention or marketing. How close will it get to the 2080ti performance, that's what interests me as the price is within my target area. I will no doubt rule the purchase out when the time comes, but will keep my ear to the ground nonetheless. :)

Soldato
Meh, I couldn't care less about the naming convention or marketing. How close will it get to the 2080ti performance, that's what interests me as the price is within my target area. I will no doubt rule the purchase out when the time comes, but will keep my ear to the ground nonetheless. :)
As do we all my friend

Soldato

The second hand 10xx series cards are the way to go. Save some money and wait for the next cards.

Naming conversion aside, the prices are still out of line and too high. That should be the reason to wait/keep your wallet closed, not the name.

Soldato
Naming conversion aside, the prices are still out of line and too high. That should be the reason to wait/keep your wallet closed, not the name.
That's true but we all know that's not going to happen. The 30xx series will be some kind of record breaker in regards to price.

Caporegime
That's true but we all know that's not going to happen. The 30xx series will be some kind of record breaker in regards to price.

Nah, not if the rumours of the AMD 5800-series being dropped in Jan are any indicator. If they can push it close to 64 CU's (ie Faster than 2080Ti) then nVidia are gonna have a hell of a fight on their hands ;) Power envelope may not allow though, maybe a 56 CU part might be top. All guesses at present.

Soldato
Nah, not if the rumours of the AMD 5800-series being dropped in Jan are any indicator. If they can push it close to 64 CU's (ie Faster than 2080Ti) then nVidia are gonna have a hell of a fight on their hands ;) Power envelope may not allow though, maybe a 56 CU part might be top. All guesses at present.
Now that you've mentioned it, it was rather strange that they are calling these new Navi releases the "57xx". It is almost like they are reserving the labelling of "58" and "59"...

I mean back in the 2009, the 5850 and 5870 dominated the GTX285 for over 6 months, before Nvidia eventually released the infamous "egg frying meme" Fermi GTX480, at £150 higher priced than the 5870 no less. Guess one could dream that AMD with the new "58" (if they indeed releasing it) would mark the milestone of being able to really compete with Nvidia in performance again...

Yea...one could hope...

Caporegime
It is almost like they are reserving the labelling of "58" and "59"...

I can certainly see 5800 being used and 5900 being a backup just in case next-gen over-runs or nVidia spring a surprise that they have to react to. I'm expecting them to have a RT solution by the 5800-series though (some CU's being used to do it for instance, then being able to revert to normal raterisation when not present/required. That sounds like a great approach).

Soldato
We will spending on our electric bills what we have saved on the GPUS :D

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Sadly, when was the last time AMD were genuinely competitive at the high-end of graphics cards? It's been a while.

I would much rather have paid less and gone for an AMD card with my last build but for what I needed a GPU to do, but they couldn't even come close unfortunately.

For quite some time now every release of a new AMD GPU has been somewhat underwhelming. :(

I really don't understand peoples beef with the "Super" branding, most of us are going to weigh up the price to performance like any card regardless of the name.

I'll be upgrading to a 2070s, just can't be bothered dealing with a second-hand GPU with it's potential warranty pitfalls.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom