Mono Laser printer, with scanner/copier - around £100?

Associate
Hi all

my dad needs a new printer.

He currently has a colour inkjet that he doesnt use very often. the colour inks have dried up/run out so he has only been printing black and white, and now the printer is going wrong.

Ive suggested he just gets a black and white laser printer and be done with it. less messing about with inks and it'll probably last ages until he needs to replace the toner.

He would like to be about to make copies/scan, and also print from phone and ipad.

a low yield toner cartridge option would be nice too, so it doesnt cost the earth if/when he ever needs to replace it.

Any obvious suggestions? which is the go to brand of this kind of printer?

Thanks

Soldato
I've just picked up a Brother mfc-l2710dw for about £115 *** elsewhere *** and am happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I've just picked up a Brother mfc-l2710dw for about £115 *** elsewhere *** and am happy with that.

I've got an older L2700D, works perfectly fine.

One advantage with brother printers is taping over the toner low level sensor window (on the toner cartridge) and get more printing from the ink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
If it is possible to be in love with a printer I am with this one, set up was a **** ache as it didn't include a suitable usb cable and trying to install the software via the network was trouble as it didn't want to locate the printer. Got it working though and boom its awesome!

Prints quickly with no fuss wirelessly and I never realised how awesome a document feeder was for scanning. I'll never bother with ink jets again.

Associate
Just picked up a DCP 1610w for £80 to replace an older brother multi function inkjet.

Easy setup and great speed and quality compared to the inkjet.

Still amazes me how cheap these printers are!

Back
Top Bottom