The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Man of Honour
After being married and having kids for the last 15 years (no pets) I absolutely can't wait for a quiet house (and quiet life). I just want peace and quiet. Personally I'd avoid women with loads of pets or a noisy house. But that's just me (tired and battered from life).

Soldato
I have two cats and my house is silent :cool: apart from the odd occasion where they will go mental and chase each other or they're hungry. otherwise they behave like typical males and sleep all day and night :p

Soldato
After being married and having kids for the last 15 years (no pets) I absolutely can't wait for a quiet house (and quiet life). I just want peace and quiet. Personally I'd avoid women with loads of pets or a noisy house. But that's just me (tired and battered from life).

I don't blame you, my house is quiet. I have no pets and kids but when I stepped into that environment.... I couldn't cope with so much noise and into the late too when you think the kids should be in bed for school. But she still kept her house very clean and you wouldn't think she had pets.

Some peoples house's I've been to when they have pets.... Soon as they open the door the smell just hits you..... Disgusting!

Tidy house, tidy mind, tidy body...tidy...va...:D. If the first 3 aren't in place then the forth isn't going to be pleasant.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can cope with pets (i/we want a dog) as you can get breeds that aren't noisy.
But kids can be noisy and you can't really stop that. Whether it be voices or playing with stuff.

But yeah, I couldn't cope with a noisy house either.

Soldato

I'm in the same boat after 2 years :D. Seriously miss my quiet peaceful life, living on my own with no-one else to think about.

Let's just say I'm glad I decided to keep my house and rent it. My escape was planned before it begun ;)

Soldato
Does/did anyone that use online dating apps, notice a drop off in success after they hit 40?

I don't use them myself but I thought for men in their 40s it should be more of an success as that's when they are in their prime. Even more so from a career and financial point of view.

For women, their prime is age 18 to 25ish, as their sexual which then any guy in their 40's should be an attraction.

For women hitting 30 plus their sexual market value declines.

Man of Honour
Nope. Didn't use one till I split up at over 50 and the ex-wife said who would have you. Turns out quite a few :D
One of my mates recently split up with his long term partner. He's mid 40's and has been surprised how many dates he's had. A few have been nutters or women who are a bit larger than their photo's though!

I'm still married but things are looking decidedly shaky nowadays. I was talking with the guy I just mentioned and laughing that I think I'd be forever single if/when I do split up. I'm 50 now and I'm just not at all interested in women anywhere near my age. I'm fairly average looking and I doubt younger women would be interested in me. So I would be in a stalemate where I wouldn't be prepared to lower my standards to a level where that woman would be interested in me :) But I'm genuinely not bothered if I didn't have another long term partner. Like I mentioned a few posts up I just want a quiet life!

Soldato
I don't use them myself but I thought for men in their 40s it should be more of an success as that's when they are in their prime. Even more so from a career and financial point of view.

For women, their prime is age 18 to 25ish, as their sexual which then any guy in their 40's should be an attraction.

For women hitting 30 plus their sexual market value declines.

I used to get quite a lot of dates, or at the very least a load of new friends. But recently nothing.

Nope. Didn't use one till I split up at over 50 and the ex-wife said who would have you. Turns out quite a few :D

Excellent work sir, enjoy yourself and stay safe! :D

Soldato
Just got back from the supermarket, saw this very pleasing on the eye women, she looked about 25 years old. As I walked past, what do I see her picking up......cat food!!!! Aaaarrrggghhh.....!!!:mad:

Permabanned
what is it with women, we are splitting again, been here before 3 years ago. i moved out then got a brand new house, then after a few weeks she worked her way back into me, we have 3 children so i did she moved in with me #.

anyways she decided a week ago she was not happy so i said ok lets split, she had been giving me attitude and **** for a while.
so tonight i have been at work all day come home and she is in my face saying what happening when are you going i cant stand you and all this malarky even in front of the kids prevoking me for a reaction.

being forced out of my own home, ok lets split but be an adult about it, so i guess a hotel for me tonight then.

18 years together and married, 4 holidays a year., we had a good lifestyle.
goodbye to that one, i am 40 now never get married or tied down again.

Associate
So a weird internet dating occurrence tonight , well it seems weird to me anyway...

Been chatting to a lady for about 10 days, we've spoken three times on the phone for hours including last night.. she sounds really nice. So we arranged to meet tonight. At 7.05 she messaged saying she'd leaving home at 7.30, so eta about 7.45. Great, so I arrive about 7.40.....WhatsApp her to let her know there are parking spaces available message got two ticks i.e was delivered.

Then nothing.... she didn't arrive, didn't reply to my message... all sent messages since have only got one tick in WhatsApp and phone goes straight to voicemail.. I waited an hour then headed home and I've heard nothing since.

We're both in our 40's .. so I wouldn't expect this from an "adult" .. but it seems on the face of it she was messing me about... weird

Soldato
Why the **** did you leave? Act calm make her look bat **** crazy. But don’t leave your own home. Women will treat you like **** if you let them, did you hand her your wallet as you left too? Bloody hell man...

Back
Top Bottom