Upcoming Firefox 57 ("Quantum") is twice as fast as Firefox 52

Soldato
Hmm, I decided to force enable WebRender since I have eligible hardware (W10, Nvidia GPU, desktop) and while the heavier sites do load up faster, I've noticed for some reason, the font on OcUK forums looks different (WR off above, WR on below):
E8Pt313.png

Other sites looks completely fine. Pretty sure I remember this happening when Firefox first jumped to GPU rendering many years ago...

Soldato
Hmm, I decided to force enable WebRender since I have eligible hardware (W10, Nvidia GPU, desktop) and while the heavier sites do load up faster, I've noticed for some reason, the font on OcUK forums looks different (WR off above, WR on below):
E8Pt313.png

Other sites looks completely fine. Pretty sure I remember this happening when Firefox first jumped to GPU rendering many years ago...

As daft as this sounds, switch back to the standard blue theme and see if it's still happening, I've had issues with the dark theme and things not being in the right place on FF.

Soldato
E8Pt313.png

You're right, fonts definitely look different - almost bolder?

I use the default OcUK blue theme and nothing that changes it and I still see the change. In fact I see it across several websites, not just OcUK.

Soldato
in the continuing battle of man against googlefood sometime UblockO wins .. how to get rid of the dam google search suggestions

How do I disable autocomplete/suggestions for Google searches?
Here's the solution: Use an adblocker. Ublock Origin, AdBlock Plus, AdGuard-- anything that lets you highlight an element on the page and add it to a filter; select the dropdown list, create a new filter for it, and it's gone for good. Here's a step-by-step demonstration of how to do it with Ublock Origin: https://texasuberalles.tumblr.com/post/177716364489/how-to-disable-google-autocomplete-and-spellcheck
https://support.google.com/websearch/search?q=How+do+I+disable+autocomplete/suggestions+for+Google+searches

now have this in my ublockO filters

edit : this is great it's taken out all the google advertising replies too

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded to v68.0 today. I'm getting the issue with fonts on OcUK forums as mentioned by @Orcvader here:
E8Pt313.png

Caporegime
E8Pt313.png

just got my new rig, with Win 10, and a Nvidia card, and my Firefox, now looks like the bottom one, with WR on.

Back
Top Bottom