• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS UK Unveils GeForce ‘Trade Up Your Graphics’ Program

Associate
This offer is equivalent to an ASUS representative walking up to my doorstep, ringing the doorbell and hocking a big gob of phlegm in my face. Then holding out their hand and expecting another £700 for the privilege.

Last edited:
Soldato
the prices that asus offer are reasonable being similar with what is going on a popular auction website. You get more trade-in when buying more expensive asus products.
1080Ti cards are going for £100-£200 more than the Asus offer depending on model (and nearer £300 more for an Asus one).

bJN

bJN

Soldato
1080Ti cards are going for £100-£200 more than the Asus offer depending on model (and nearer £300 more for an Asus one).
But are people with 1080Tis really that likely to upgrade? If they were the type to do that, surely they would have done it already?

For those with the 9 series cards it's not the worst offer in the world; but I doubt it will open up to the new Super line so will be used as a "cheap" way of clearing RTX stock that's now EOL...

Associate
I am gonna stick with my 1080ti for my main rig, the offer for £270 for the card seems low considering you can see them on sale in other places for nearly double that. However am tempting to look at a new super card for my other machine.

Caporegime
Just realised no Super cards included....

why?

Anyway, do you think it is possible we might see some sell offs/price drops on 2070/2080's? Would be good if so, as they are offering £105 for my 1050ti if trading up to a card of that class.

OcUK Staff
Just realised no Super cards included....

why?

Anyway, do you think it is possible we might see some sell offs/price drops on 2070/2080's? Would be good if so, as they are offering £105 for my 1050ti if trading up to a card of that class.

2070 and 2080 already dropped in price to £399 and £599 respectively though the cheaper ones may have sold out now and we have no real plans to buy more.

Associate
Ehm, is ASUS known for doing this, has there been events like this in the past?

Not this generation but next one, when 3080Ti comes out I would be interested to do it.

Is it a yearly thing for them ?

OcUK Staff
EVO’s won’t be included it’s either hit the crazy price or include on trade in programme, not possible to do both so can’t have your cake and eat it.

In fairness they made right move by reducing margins and having a killer price on best 2070 Super at MSRP as we already sold over 100 of them.

Back
Top Bottom