• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
These MSI issues are scaring me. I bought x570 Pro Carbon for my 3700x.

I've had z77 Sabertooth from ASUS and it was a fantastic board that served me well over the last 7 years. Maybe I should stick with ASUS? Is Strix-F a good board, just £10 compared to Pro Carbon. Hard to make a good decision since reviews for motherboards are slow to come out.

I have a bang average Asus board and the support from Asus has been stellar. I actually went Asus as I liked the look of the BIOS over other brands. Partly why I won't touch the Taichi as well as I monitored how many BIOS releases they got and think Asus are more on the ball here as well. The Taichi's might have great quality but BIOS and support wins it for me from Asus.

Associate
Hi there

I’ve just come of the phone with AMD who have done some investigating and though it’s unknown as to why the following is expected to now be with us tomorrow:
300x 3700X which covers all pre orders and leaves some spare.
90x 3800X which again covers all pre orders and leaves some spare

Then on Friday we shall get:
100x 3700X
90x 3800X

I’ve also asked for an update on more 3900X so will update as I find out and don’t call OcUK as it is me who knows the facts and I post them on here as I find out so you hear it from the horses mouth as to speak.

Thank you Gibbo!

Man of Honour
I have a bang average Asus board and the support from Asus has been stellar. I actually went Asus as I liked the look of the BIOS over other brands. Partly why I won't touch the Taichi as well as I monitored how many BIOS releases they got and think Asus are more on the ball here as well. The Taichi's might have great quality but BIOS and support wins it for me from Asus.

Funny as on x399 asus sucked balls for support and I'm now on the Taichi :D

Soldato
How did you get hold of one of those suckers?

Honestly, I was in the cinema, I went to a random shop I knew of online a popular one like, and placed an order, I honestly didn't expect to get one in stock due to this supply issue I must have been very lucky!

Did you buy it somewhere in person or was it delivered to you? Quite impressive that some other retailer managed to get stock before ocuk

I do wonder if maybe they used someone elses pre-order on me lol :p

Associate
They've dropped the fan control curve but not the ability to actually control it, you just need to key in the values.

I prefer this anyway I never understood the appeal of messing around with a curve in the BIOS.

They are going to release a lot of their older boards with the branding 'max' which means they'll have a 32MB BIOS.

I'm still going with the B450m Mortar now because there's basically no options for MicroATX otherwise even on X570.

Ooh, that's good news, might be able to pick up a clearance non-max for fewer notes in due course. From the screenshots the lite bios looks much nicer than the technicolour abomination that went before.

Man of Honour

:cool: all good. Tbh my asus board was missing a nvme bracket and the games bundle didn't work. Asus or RoG (pfff) made everything super difficult. I gave up on the games, bought a bracket on Ebay (yes this was for a almost £400 board) and then gave the board to a friend for £50 as asus pushed me 2 far!! My friend was super happy with this as it meant he could build TR for AM4 money so not all was lost.

Associate
Cool. I'm waiting for the custom cooled AIB 5700 XT cards then I buy one (probably a sapphire) with either a 3800x or 3900x, probably towards the end of August (hopefully). I have a gigabyte X470 gaming 7 rev 1.0 which should support either processors quite nicely ( I have already flashed the bios).

Permabanned
Yes but strictly not for resale, they are called MPK and we stock them but are for system integration only and AMD do not allow them to be sold online to end users as they come in multi pack.
Sounds like something you read on 8packs of beer. Part of Multipack not to be sold individually :D

Nice update on Stock situation. If anyone from other forums is after Cpu ill know where to direct them :)

Soldato
Hi there

I’ve just come of the phone with AMD who have done some investigating and though it’s unknown as to why the following is expected to now be with us tomorrow:
300x 3700X which covers all pre orders and leaves some spare.
90x 3800X which again covers all pre orders and leaves some spare

Then on Friday we shall get:
100x 3700X
90x 3800X

I’ve also asked for an update on more 3900X so will update as I find out and don’t call OcUK as it is me who knows the facts and I post them on here as I find out so you hear it from the horses mouth as to speak.

Spectacular Gibbo - thank you to you and all your many …..minions :)

Associate
Great news on the CPUs arriving tomorrow. That means I will be seeing the sucker Friday latest arrive at my door, ready for a saturday of swearing and listening to beeps on the MB :)

Back
Top Bottom