• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
@Gibbo - thanks for the updates, could you let us know whether people who pre-ordered will be able to claim the 3 months Xbox game pass deal? (as if you're expecting enough 3700x's to fill all pre-orders and more, I'll just have to cancel and order again, which I'd really rather avoid and would presumably be more overhead for your staff!)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I’ve just come of the phone with AMD who have done some investigating and though it’s unknown as to why the following is expected to now be with us tomorrow:
300x 3700X which covers all pre orders and leaves some spare.
90x 3800X which again covers all pre orders and leaves some spare

Then on Friday we shall get:
100x 3700X
90x 3800X

I’ve also asked for an update on more 3900X so will update as I find out and don’t call OcUK as it is me who knows the facts and I post them on here as I find out so you hear it from the horses mouth as to speak.

The numbers go up every time you call.... Keep calling....... Good work!!!

Associate
Techpowerup keep delivering all the answers this launch.

They put a 3900X in a cheap ($70) ASUS B350 motherboard. Here are the results:

performance.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/

Seems to be 2 bad results but otherwise parity, great when you consider this board ranks so low on the VRM tier list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MvYeCLI5ZbIpnq5fyiWD4NCkkU/edit#gid=229691480

Associate
@Gibbo - thanks for the updates, could you let us know whether people who pre-ordered will be able to claim the 3 months Xbox game pass deal? (as if you're expecting enough 3700x's to fill all pre-orders and more, I'll just have to cancel and order again, which I'd really rather avoid and would presumably be more overhead for your staff!)
Shouldn't have to cancel and reorder, the promotion is from the 1st July until 2020!

Campaign period begins July 1, 2019 and ends May 30, 2020 or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Eligible AMD Product must be purchased during Campaign Period. Offer void where prohibited.

Associate
Soldato
just tried overclocking my 3900x it will do 4.3ghz on all cores at 1.4v flat but holy hell 90 degrees under load in cinebench r20, cooling the cpu with a ek pe 360mm rad and noctua's nf-a12x25 fans at 1700rpm, set back to default after the run just shy of 7500 points with oc

Soldato
Now thats a suprise. It seems the cheep ASRock X570 taichi are beeing honoured. Mine is picked awaiting despatch.

Scratch that! It's been dispatched:D

Nice, I'm in the same boat but no dispatch email yet. Bet I'm in the next delivery knowing my luck! Still for the money it's worth being patient.

Back
Top Bottom