• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Playing around with the 5700XT at the moment before I get it under water (AIO).

Here's the impact of a 1200mV to 1130mV change. No other changes, stock volts and power limit.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/7704317/spy/7703985

1100mV wasn't stable, but I'll try and get closer.

So an undervolt increases boost by around 50MHz, try to set power limit to max and see if it boost further?

How were temps and noise for you?

Soldato
So an undervolt increases boost by around 50MHz, try to set power limit to max and see if it boost further?

How were temps and noise for you?

I need to figure out how to install a G12 first.

Temps are fine. Noise is just a lot of movement of air. Similar to say a CPU cooler at high speed. It's loud but not unpleasant.

I'd say it's favourable to say some low end AIB GPU coolers I've had in the past, where you have 2 small fans making more of a high pitched sound.

Associate
I need to figure out how to install a G12 first.

Temps are fine. Noise is just a lot of movement of air. Similar to say a CPU cooler at high speed. It's loud but not unpleasant.

I'd say it's favourable to say some low end AIB GPU coolers I've had in the past, where you have 2 small fans making more of a high pitched sound.

interested in this as I have an G12 on my RX580

OcUK Staff
Looks like the RX 5700XT is the same as usual, under-clock it and it's great.

I've managed to get it at 1068mv @1973 according to timespy, this is with me keeping it at decent temps with fans capped at 40% https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37490507?

How loud is fan at 40% still loud or not so bad? If undervolting can result in close to 2000MHz and lower temps and less noise makes them even better.

Uzu

Uzu

Associate
How loud is fan at 40% still loud or not so bad? If undervolting can result in close to 2000MHz and lower temps and less noise makes them even better.
I'm tuning it atm but 40% was the max i'd want for extended periods of time, I'll see how low I can get it I still have a good 8C of headroom.

Currently going for as close to 2100 as I can get just to see if it can.

Caporegime
I'm tuning it atm but 40% was the max i'd want for extended periods of time, I'll see how low I can get it I still have a good 8C of headroom.

Currently going for as close to 2100 as I can get just to see if it can.
Are you the guy also with the 3900x?

Which ram have you gone for? I'm going to build the same spec GPU & CPU as you. I think I'll go for decent 32gb 3200 ram. Will be putting the CPU & GPU underwater as well. The EK block for the 5700XT looks awesome.

Uzu

Uzu

Associate
Anyone pushing anywhere near 2.1GHZ stable on an actual retail sample :p?
Well After maxing pretty much everyslider and the fan..... https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37491394?

Just realized im number 1 for now.
Are you the guy also with the 3900x?

Which ram have you gone for? I'm going to build the same spec GPU & CPU as you. I think I'll go for decent 32gb 3200 ram. Will be putting the CPU & GPU underwater as well. The EK block for the 5700XT looks awesome.

I have middling ram tbh its a set of Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3000 but I got it to 3466 very easily.

Back
Top Bottom