Racing wheel

Associate
I'm just getting into racing and purchased F1 2019 yesterday but it doesn't feel right with a controller. I've been looking at wheels and seen the thrustmaster t150. Does anyone have experience with this?

Caporegime
budget wheels you basically look at the thrustmaster 150 and other thrustmaster wheels or the logitech g29. i prefer the logitech stuff myself its just preference.try and find a place that has both maybe to look at .

Soldato
I went through the entire logitech back catalog in my "sim racing career" and I like the G29/G920 (xbox edition, the PS4 G29 one is better if you don't care about console preference soley because it has rev lights and a couple of extra buttons). I always recommend them, they're regularly on sale for £180 with the shifter

Associate
Second hand, and may be difficult to get cheap now, as they were more sought after then the g29 due to the g27 coming with a gear stick (think you had to buy this separately when the g29 came out)

Caporegime
The G29 is just above my budget at £180. Can you still buy the G27 new or would it be 2nd hand now?

they keep there value really well. also almost bullet proof. its worth getting the g29 tbh. it will last you years and still be worth most of the price 2nd hand in years from now. no point in buying older wheels now. not with warranty and the 2nd hand prices as already talking about.

t150 you wont get a shifter. this can be the case with the g29 but its worth the extra to have it.

Associate
OP
they keep there value really well. also almost bullet proof. its worth getting the g29 tbh. it will last you years and still be worth most of the price 2nd hand in years from now. no point in buying older wheels now. not with warranty and the 2nd hand prices as already talking about.

t150 you wont get a shifter. this can be the case with the g29 but its worth the extra to have it.

Ok, looking at these and I see 3 options, G29 without shifter, G29 with shifter and G920. Playing on PC, do I go with the G29 with shifter?

Associate
OP
Good choice, cracking starter wheel. Had mine for a couple of years and was bomb proof.

Can recommend the load cell alike foam brake kits for it on Ebay, money well spent.

Picked up this morning, so glad I went with this as it's great. Feels really good quality too. This mod looks good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9GRgg2rrI

I'll have a look at the foam brake mod but getting used to the default brake for now. Well the foam make it move more and less stiff?

Associate
It's more a progressive stiffness, the g29 brake is good.....best in class for its price point.
But it gets very stiff very suddenly in its travel (due to a small rubber cone) even the simple foam damper mod is a great and very cheap upgrade,

Associate
OP
It's more a progressive stiffness, the g29 brake is good.....best in class for its price point.
But it gets very stiff very suddenly in its travel (due to a small rubber cone) even the simple foam damper mod is a great and very cheap upgrade,

Been using it now and I see what you mean. I'll have a look into the foam mod. I've also seen people using the clutch pedal as brake too.

My lad got a g920 at Christmas and it's really good.

Unfortunately hes only used it a few times.

Definitely should use it more. This is my first wheel and I love it. Driving is so much better even though I'm awful

Back
Top Bottom