• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
You must mean clocks as that difference makes no sense for scores.

100mhz increase across 12 cores or a 300mhz opportunistic boost in a single core (anyone actually manage to get 4.6ghz for a sustained period of time yet?). I know which I'd pick given nothing is single threaded these days.
Yeah that's what I meant :) for gaming not really I think. Not sure about consistent clocks as reviewers are crap :/

Associate
'that' taichi getting dispatched tomorrow, had the other bits from ocuk since Monday so will be good to finally get the build together and hit up the benchmarks

Associate
Hand on heart is it worth it? I've ordered a 3800x but not too late to cancel. Gaming performance?

If your coming from a 2700x and gaming at 1440p or above it’s doesn't seem worth it. I was all set to swap from a 2700x to a 3800x until I looked at 1440p benchmarks and there is nothing in it. I’m better of putting the £320 towards a 2070 super or 2080 to replace my 1080.

Soldato
Well the system lives.

The BIOS flashback utility really is an excellent feature of this MSI board (Mortar Titanium) and it updated without a hitch.

The Beta BIOS is a bit funky looking but I actually quite like it, from a retro perspective. I’ve only taken a quick look around but there seem to be a good amount of features available and my 3600 is idling at 32 degrees.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to get it fully up and running but so far I’m just pleased it’s alive.

Associate
Got my 3900X up and running in a MSI Prestige X570 Creation with 16gb 3600mhz cl17 memory. New windows install and latest drivers.
Cinebench r20 score of 7316 multi and 507 single so seems around what is expected.

Soldato
Got my 3900X up and running in a MSI Prestige X570 Creation with 16gb 3600mhz cl17 memory. New windows install and latest drivers.
Cinebench r20 score of 7316 multi and 507 single so seems around what is expected.

What cooler are you using? I'm getting around 7090 in R20 multi, I think that's the stock cooler limiting things though.

Associate
Ah nice. What all core frequency are you getting? I'm hoping a custom loop with two 360 rads should improve my score somewhat.

I think the chips are being held back at the moment by the bios, was not seeing boosts as high as I expected and had loads of thermal and power head room. Im a bit lost when it comes to ryzen master at the minute as have been on intel for so long I am still learning. 4325 was the highest single core boost I saw when running the single test which seems low.

Associate
Nice one.

Are you going to be giving the Beta BIOS a go today then?

Yep, went without a hitch once I realised you need to use a USB stick smaller than 16gb to utilise the Bios Flash Button feature!

System went together really well, impressed with the cable management in the H400i.

Only slight annoyance of the day was the stock cooler for the 3600 was DOA. I was only going to use it for today anyway (have a H115i coming tomorrow) but it's still annoying not being able to use it for more than a few minutes today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad it worked for you as well.

That’s strange on the USB stick side of things, the one I used was 32GB formatted to FAT32 and it worked fine.

Getting everything to fit in my Silverstone Precision PS07 case was a bit of a Krypton Factor ordeal but got there in the end.

Cable management doesn’t look to be to bad but I’ll be keeping an eye on temperatures when I start benchmarking things to check relative performance against my old Phenom II 1090.

Soldato
I think the chips are being held back at the moment by the bios, was not seeing boosts as high as I expected and had loads of thermal and power head room. Im a bit lost when it comes to ryzen master at the minute as have been on intel for so long I am still learning. 4325 was the highest single core boost I saw when running the single test which seems low.

Yes I have heard about those issues. I though mine may have been limited by the cooler, but saying that, the load temperatures were only in the 70's, so we will see what happens there. I'm a bit lost with Ryzen Master too, hopefully have more time to play tonight. Left it downloading all my games overnight and today :)

Associate
Ryzen 3600
Asus TUF X570
3000mhz DDR3 RAM C16

SSD (OS) and HDD straight from old PC (Sandybridge) loaded up fine, did not update bios or chipset (yet)
Using stock cooler at the moment and CPU temp up to 96 degrees in Games :eek:

You used the stock paste? Either that or your app is not reading the temp correctly. HWINFO064 v6.09.3850 Beta is out. The Spire is really just a paper weight.

Back
Top Bottom