The last game you completed, and rating.

Permabanned
Witcher 3 and dlcs 10/10 just watching the credits to blood and wine. What a great game, had this game on pre order tried 3 desperate times to get into this but shelved it after losing all my saves this was before gog had cloud saves.
Decided to try again on death march to make the combat more fun. Really enjoyed the game, what an adventure.
Ive yet to play this, whats death march?

Soldato
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Directors Cut - 8.5/10

Absolute Gem of a game IMO and right now can be picked up for £2.75 on steam sales is an absolute bargain. Picked up Shadowrun Honk Kong - Extended edition as a result for another measly £3.75.

The whole world drips in atmosphere, the build types are so varied, from a sort of mage to ripping apart and replacing with armour to make you more efficient at melee and arms. Companions who run with you are well fleshed out and have interesting back stories and combat is a great blast. Love how you can approach missions from multiple angles and does require you to use your brain.

+ World itself
+ Runs smooth
+ A fair bit of content (35-40 hours)
+ Lots to read and understand about the world
+ Combat

- Some skills are overemphasised then other in interactions (Bio-engineering for example)

Soldato
Couldn't agree more. Dragonfall is excellent. Really top class writing. There are also many custom campaigns on Steam Workshop/Nexus that are worth playing as well.

Hong Kong is very good too, just a shade behind Dragonfall imo, but still very good... Better gameplay, less intriguing story imo.

Only thing that holds the Shadowrun games back is that they are bit stuck in the past imo. When they brought it back, they really needed to bring something new to the table too, I'm thinking of Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity.

Associate
Witcher 3 and dlcs 10/10 just watching the credits to blood and wine. What a great game, had this game on pre order tried 3 desperate times to get into this but shelved it after losing all my saves this was before gog had cloud saves.
Decided to try again on death march to make the combat more fun. Really enjoyed the game, what an adventure.
Seriously epic game, glad you invested the time into it.

Soldato
I've just completed We Happy Few. Well, the first act of it anyway. I went in with low expectations having read some reviews a few months ago. I would never have played the game at all, had it not been part of the Microsoft Game Pass deal at a cost of only £2.

For the most part, I found the game to be enjoyable. I found the story intriguing, the characters interesting, the general environment design appealing and the music to be very fitting. However....I found some aspects of the game to be incredibly annoying. For a start, the world is far too large considering the rather limited scope of the story and the quests you are given. Having to walk from a save house to a quest checkpoint, went from being interesting in the beginning, to damn near uninstall inducingly annoying a few hours in. Also, immersion was broken every few minutes, usually because of weird npc behaviour. Lastly, the emphasis on crafting (with the exception of healing items, lockpicks and crowbars) is utterly pointless; especially when a lot of the skills you accrue throughout the game, negate the function of the items you are making.

Despite enjoying the first act, I have no inclination whatsoever to go through the second. Although I'm sure the story is fine, the idea of traversing the same huge map again, doesn't appeal. In summary. A first class idea, presented in a way that does it no favours; frustrating.

5.5/10

Soldato
dishonoured 2

wasn't a fan of the first one.. i liked it conceptually but i found it very difficult and unforgiving at times when i was trying to do a stealth. always felt like all the cool powers were geared towards killing people and without them it was just boring.

dishonoured 2 made stealth a LOT more playable without feeling like im punishing myself. really enjoyed every single level. very smart and thought out. lots of the levels would have strong replayability. great verticality, decent mission variety, nice story with a surprisingly strong female protoganist. villain was decent.

9/10

Soldato

I've only played it on death march. I finished heart of stone and gave it a rest. is blood and wine good?

I feel like its time to dip back into witcher. i feel like playing that and kingdom come side by side should probably do me for the summer.

Soldato
I've only played it on death march. I finished heart of stone and gave it a rest. is blood and wine good?

I feel like its time to dip back into witcher. i feel like playing that and kingdom come side by side should probably do me for the summer.

Blood and wine is brilliant, the story, Gillian and the world are in my opinion better than the main game.

Soldato
dishonoured 2

wasn't a fan of the first one.. i liked it conceptually but i found it very difficult and unforgiving at times when i was trying to do a stealth. always felt like all the cool powers were geared towards killing people and without them it was just boring.

dishonoured 2 made stealth a LOT more playable without feeling like im punishing myself. really enjoyed every single level. very smart and thought out. lots of the levels would have strong replayability. great verticality, decent mission variety, nice story with a surprisingly strong female protoganist. villain was decent.

9/10
I loved Dishonored last year, did struggle with the stealth and found myself abusing autosave. But still got loads out of the game, and by the end was pretty accustomed to its quirks. Would you say the second game is basically more accessible? I literally passed it up in Steam sales today!

Soldato
I loved Dishonored last year, did struggle with the stealth and found myself abusing autosave. But still got loads out of the game, and by the end was pretty accustomed to its quirks. Would you say the second game is basically more accessible? I literally passed it up in Steam sales today!
way more accessible! they've split the characters into corvo and his daughter. corvo is like dishonoured 1, fast and lethal. emily has a lot more skills for a more thoughtful stealthy playthrough.

i feel like the level design is better too, a lot more verticality if you want to use it. usually a level has a 3 levels, so you can go under, infront or over your enemies.

also the bone charming system now has crafting so you can spec out ur character with some cool perks.

Soldato
Blood and wine is brilliant, the story, Gillian and the world are in my opinion better than the main game.
Thanks mate.. did u use kb+m or controller? I have used controller up until now but I used KB+M yesterday and despite not knowing a few of the controls.. it felt surprisingly really good. especially for selecting weapons, powers, items where on the playstation controller its basically impossible to do it on the fly well and better to just fight.

Soldato
Thanks mate.. did u use kb+m or controller? I have used controller up until now but I used KB+M yesterday and despite not knowing a few of the controls.. it felt surprisingly really good. especially for selecting weapons, powers, items where on the playstation controller its basically impossible to do it on the fly well and better to just fight.

I used Xbox controller, which I found very good and do that for all third person games. Whatever works for you and let's you concentrate on the game and not knowing what the controls are is the best way to go really.

Soldato
having owned it since not long after launch and a failed start many years ago, a month back a mate and I started on Dead Space 3 from scratch.
I am guessing they changed it as it was not the loot box driven nightmare that i seem to remember it being when i played it last.

really enjoyable, in co-op at least, cant comment on single player. 8.5/10 and a no brainer purchase for fans of the genre.

I would like to play the DLC but given what it costs I aint gonna bite.

good job i have so many games that i wont be NG+ing it however..... something went wrong with it as on completing it didnt unlock the NG+ and it does not think i finished the game. if i press continue game from story it goes back about about 6 hrs worth... if i press continue from last save it goes back to the start of the end of game boss. strangely the guy i was playing it with it worked fine - and yet i was the host!.

Soldato
Life is Strange: Before the Storm 8/10

I completed LIS a couple of years ago and picked up this prequel in the stema sales. Very enjoyable story, not quite as silly as LIS in terms of "emotional rollercoaster" and is all the better for it. The ending is a binary choice like LIS but a much more sensible, down to earth decision. Chloe comes across as a grumpy, free spirited teenager but the game is quite balanced in portraying this is not always the best course of action. Chloe is much more likeable than she (or Max) was in the first game.

The build up of romance between Chloe and Rachael is very well done; it's not cheesy or sexy, just genuinely emotional and comes across how I would imagine a 16 year old girl who finds out retrospectively that she likes girls would feel.

It's a more mature LIS experience, it's clear the devs learnt from the feedback from the first game.

Soldato
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

8.5/10

A very solid return of the classic Castlevania formula. Really addictive, enjoyed it from start to finish but wish it was a bit darker. Also, music wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

There's quite a lot of content for a Metroidvania title, the castle is decently big, there are lots of weapons, there's NG+, bonus modes and loads of free DLC coming. Not too shabby.

I think my save has around 36h on it and I'm still missing weapons and items for true 100%.

Not a perfect game but worth the money and really enjoyable.

Soldato
Qwen/spam attack/roll back/wait for Qwen recharge/repeat :p

yeah.. throw in a yrden for harder enemies.
once ur high level, just igni spam groups of enemies.

the combat is just not never really very good. something feels off about the sword fighting. also the auto-aim is just too easy. its like a mixture of witcher 2 and batman arkham series and it doesn't play right.

also the oil system is too convoluted. legit no one is going into the horrible menu system every time before a fight with a monster.

Soldato
Alan Wake 6/10 - alright game with the flashlight but not one i would play again, i skipped american nightmare and now moving onto Alien Isolation. I am attempting to finish the games i want to finish in my huge steam library.

Soldato
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
10/10

Best story I've ever played in a video game. Think Game of thrones but far far more political.
The combat system and job customisation is INCREDIBLE. Combat is challenging and fair.

Honestrly I'm blown away. Its very outdated. This was my third time trying to get into it and just wow.

Back
Top Bottom