Barcelona or Madrid for 3 nights...

Caporegime
Any suggestions?

Common opinion seems Barcelona is more touristy, more expensive, less "Spanish"
Madrid the opposite.....

Looking at stuff to do, Barcelona on first glance, appears more interesting.

Am I being mean to Madrid?

Man of Honour
Barcelona is brilliant. Loved my time there (a few days).

I can definitely recommend the stupidly titled “well and come” (!!! :o) hotel for a fun (albeit small) rooftop pool and a good breakfast :)

Soldato
Haven't been to Madrid, but loved Barcelona until I went to Valencia which is much nicer, hardly any tourists at all!

Yeh i'd highly recommend Valencia, I go there a lot as my girlfriend is from there, lovely city and right on a huge beach. The Old Town has a lot of history and roman history.

Caporegime
OP
But Barcelona > Rome :(

Rome does have the Colosseum though - in which case make sure you book the ‘three / third tier’ tour :)

Her being Northern Swedish from the icy tundra, she cannot cope with more than 15 celsius before the whining starts. So the only way to visit a mediterranean country was going to be in winter... lol
Im actually really happy to go to Rome tbh.

Im sensing a trend with your choice of hotels....

Man of Honour
Madrid is great...there/here at the moment. 4th time in 5 years, and going again in 2 months
I found Barcelona too touristy and overcrowded

Depends on the time of year I guess, I quite liked Barcelona, but I’d opt for Madrid all day long.
There are some excellent things to see in Barcelona, but maybe because I’m a Londoner, I felt more at home in the sprawl that is Madrid, great exercise to amble along Gran Via, grab a café solo y coñac in a bar in Plaza de España.
Thread through to Calle Serrano, walk up past the U.S. embassy to Museo Lázaro Galdiano, with its Goya and Bosch masterpieces, and mediaeval armour.
Another fascinating city, catch Valencia if you can, small, but delightful.

Soldato
Was in Barcelona last week for a day. Amazing city but very touristy as someone said.

Not been at Madrid yet but my cousin went there for few nights and said it was boring there and not much to see.

It's all down to what you want to see.

Associate
Been to both and each of them deserve a visit. I'd say there is more to see in Barcelona though. The beach, harbour and mount Montjuïc are all great things to do.

Back
Top Bottom