Best board for 3700x

Associate
I am about to build new pc with the ryzen 3700x now all I do is game and I have no clue what board to get

I will be buying 32gb of ram at 3200 speed as the 3600 speed is double the price and I need 32gb for multiboxing wow

I have a 1tb ssd 2.5 that I will use and I will get new gpu rather the 5700xt or the 2070gtx super

thanks for the help

Associate
I am about to build new pc with the ryzen 3700x now all I do is game and I have no clue what board to get

I will be buying 32gb of ram at 3200 speed as the 3600 speed is double the price and I need 32gb for multiboxing wow

I have a 1tb ssd 2.5 that I will use and I will get new gpu rather the 5700xt or the 2070gtx super

thanks for the help

Similar position, after much reading I'm thinking the x570s are worse than the x470s due to fan noise, also pcie4.0 is pretty much useless right now. I'm grabbing a 3900X with probably an x470 aurus gaming 7.

Associate
I'm potentially in a similar situation, and if I do, then my conclusion is X470 is probably the better choice in the near term. Heating is less of an issue, no fan, and better value. There's no advantage for PCIE4 in the near future.

Alternatively.. wait and see if future versions of X570 get the power/heat thing under better control. Some people are questioning why X570 even needs a fan, having seen the only mildly increased heating. Maybe future motherboards will do away with it - or we'll find out the reason why a fan is definitely needed. The lack of explanation isn't great.

Soldato
If you want to spare budget to where it gives most actual long time value, then B450/X470 boards give good bang per buck.
(difference between B450 and X470 boards is mostly in number of USB ports)

For starting level MSI B450 Tomahawk would be good for 100W CPUs with competent VRM, whose cooling isn't sabotaged by plastic garbage.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-b450-tomahawk-socket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33t-ms.html
B450 Carbon is then fully equipped B450 board:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33s-ms.html
Getting BIOS to support Zen2 won't get easier than in those:

Some low end X470 boards have actually worser VRM.
Also BIOS flashback gets lot rarer

At least in X570 boards even cheapest ones have competent VRM...
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161/the-amd-x570-motherboard-overview/2

Associate
OP
I am going to wait and see still not sure plus I want custom cooler 5700xt mid August there out by then there be loads of stock and pretty sure the internet will tell me best board to get for gaming ty for your help

B450 msi max boards are ment to be coming
out that will come out and won't need flashing may wait on them

Associate
I had my heart set on a B450 Carbon, but not being ready for release put an end to that idea.

The MSI offer seems too good for me to pass up. x570 Carbon comes with a £60 cooler, that I will sell, and $25 Steam credit. I wasn't planning on going to x570 because of the cost, but for that price I'm all over it. In the end it works out about £50 more than the B450 would have, which I think is reasonable.

Soldato
Funny, just looked on that MSI page and sure enough, free 240 AIO depending on which board you buy... and OC UK is listed under the Where to buy, yet there is no mention of this deal on the OC UK page for the one board included that i might be tempted by, it appears you register on MSI and upload your invoice to claim the cooler :)

Last edited:
Associate
Funny, just looked on that MSI page and sure enough, free 240 AIO depending on which board you buy... and OC UK is listed under the Where to buy, yet there is no mention of this deal on the OC UK page for the one board included that i might be tempted by, it appears you register on MSI and upload your invoice to claim the cooler :)

Yeah, I was just lucky that a friend noticed it and told me. I did notice that a competitor webshop has a large advert for it on their site. I'm sure OCUK would get good business for having it displayed. It's a really nice deal...

Soldato
Yeah im surprised that OC UK have not advertised it, might help some sales, the lower end boards (Gaming series )get the ML240L £69.99 and the higher end boards (MEG series) get the ML240R RGB £109.99 cooler *(online prices at time of writing this...)

Associate
Very true, had noticed that... thats why i think ill stick with the B450 Tomahawk and use the H55 i already have, spend the extra on an nvme ssd :)

Another annoying would be receiving your new board and then having to fill in a claim and wait for your AIO to arrive to get your PC setup...

Back
Top Bottom