Where's a good place to buy sunglasses from?

Soldato
i used the optic shop online for my maui jims (glass lenses ,wanted the ultimate clarity ) the always have a 10 percent code
also worth getting gorrills grips to avoid losing them but tbh when you spend a lot you tend to look after them ,ive always lost or damaged my cheap ones
like the way my mauis hinge both ways so they are never too tight on your head ,and been able to see so much more with them on ,when im looking at the ocean you can basically see maybe 80 percent more under water ,also the contrast and colours in trees and grass is amazing

edit probably over budget but its like going from standard definition to 8k

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a terrible place to ask this question. This forum is largely filled with people who couldn't give two hoots about their image.

Surely with sunglasses it completely depends on what you value out of them.

Soldato
This is a terrible place to ask this question. This forum is largely filled with people who couldn't give two hoots about their image.
Which is why we're here instead of Instagram! :) I'm heavily in the 'do they protect my eyes properly' (CE Mark from a retailer who has a reputation to lose, not a street vendor), then 'are they cheap enough to lose/break without crying', then 'do I look like a poseur in these?' camp.

Soldato
I bought some Hawkers that I saw recommended on here last time someone asked the question. I got 2 pairs for £30 seemed decent enough.

Only once have I bought nice sunglasses and they broke and I've never got over that resentment.

Associate
I bought my last pair of Serengeti at pretavoir.co.uk
They were the cheapest at the time *shrug*
Ordered a few to try and they have an easy return process

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom