• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Hi guys
I Starter to read about news and leaks like 6 data ago, so i wanted to ask for some Help.

I already have the b450 gaming carbon pro AC and the ryzen 3600. How i having a problem about the RAM. Since the motherboard only lets OC RAM to 3466mhz(from the reviews, more than that, and the PC doesnt noite) i AM a bit Lost on the RAM to choose. I AM going for a kit of 8gb x 2 3200mhz from ballist sport LT, its cheap. My only problem is if i should go for dual rank(Faster but less oc) vs single rank(easy oc) . Because if i go for single rank, and do get 3466 MHz on oc, is it going to match or be better than 3200 MHz dual rank ? Or Will the dual rank memory oc to 3466( if it let me go that far) and out performance the single rank at oc at 3466. Or should i go for 3466 RAM cl16 dual rank ?

Associate
So i have a B450 Tomahawk and updated BIOS to latest version, from their website. I installed a 3700x correctly, and now its not finding any signal to the TV.
Reading a few comments on there, a few people have this issue, and somebody told 1 of them there won't be any more BIOS for these boards.
Not happy, and they better fix this.

Right now im hearing the fans of an old laptop, not my £350 part i just paid for a was promised it would work with these boards. I only got this rig in Jan, with a Rayzen 1600x as a stop-gap. I built this rig for 4k gaming, and needed the 3700X to do just that. They better pull their fingers out, i swear.

Yep shocking support form MSI you should see some of the comments on the Bios page here.. i have 3 builds here waiting to be upgraded

https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard

Even some of there flagship product 300 400 are not supported yet

What makes it worse is and this was posted since the 5th is they state

Are You Ready for Ryzen 3000 Series Processors? Yes peeps are ready with these new shiny chips ..how about you ask yourself MSI are you ready ??

Associate
Yep shocking support form MSI you should see some of the comments on the Bios page here.. i have 3 builds here waiting to be upgraded

https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard

Even some of there flagship product 300 400 are not supported yet

They posted "The upcoming BIOS update will be available soon next week, stay tuned!!!"

also they have X470 bios for

X470 GAMING M7 ACK
E7B77AMS.19O
X470 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
E7B78AMS.19M
X470 GAMING PRO CARBON
E7B78AMS.29M
X470 GAMING PRO
E7B79AMS.1AN

SO they do have flagship x470 ones avaliable

Associate
Associate
Just finished installing the new 3900X in my sons rig, replacing his 2600. His board is the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro.

The instructions on the Gigabyte site were not clear in the process so I thought I'd write some pointers to help anyone else....

As stated on the BIOS page you need to flash to F32 before F40, and apply an EC firmware update....

(I've assumed you already have the F32, F40 and mb_utility_ecfwupdate_B19.0606.1.zip downloaded)

1. Flash to F32 using Q-Flash
2. When complete, enter windows and open a command prompt with admin rights.
3. Run the 'ECFwUpdate.exe' and after a few seconds a box will appear advising to start the FW update.
4. When the EC firmware completes the system will go blank and restart and will have regressed back to the F1 BIOS - (there is no progress bar to show any progress)
5. Enter the BIOS, open Q-Flash and re-flash F32 - you will not be able to flash direct to F40 as it will state invalid checksum/image.
6. When F32 has completed flash again to F40 (it will be ok this time) and install the new CPU.
7. When it comes on, set the BIOS up as per normal and install the latest Radeon chipset drivers.

My son is using the bundled cooler and its all running sweet, his ram is 32GB C14 tridentZ @3200MHz, no problems so far.

Could you tell me the temperature of the cpu and vrm when fully loaded?

Thx I am planning to get the same cpu for the x370 asus prime pro.

Soldato
tried both my next step in go buy a small sub pen less than 8gb and retry

thx for the help chaps

Just to check a few things, if you use flashback, try the following.
  1. Download the .zipped BIOS from MSI
  2. Extract file, and then rename it to MSI.ROM, ensure that file extensions are turned on in Windows so you can see the extension change.
  3. Format any USB pen drive type device to FAT32/NTFS, and then copy the file across, eject the stick to ensure writing has completed.
  4. Remove old CPU and RAM from the motherboard
  5. Insert the USB stick into the flashback port on the read I/O
  6. Turn the system on
  7. Press the flash back button a few times, then it will go red.
  8. Wait ~5 minutes.
Follow that and you'll have no issues, to many people are skipping steps and causing themselves massive headaches. :)

Associate
For those comparing 4790k to 9900k/9700k performance, there's actually quite a large difference in CPU intensive games such as Warhammer II.

Warhammer II:
https://www.sweclockers.com/test/26...-i7-9700k-och-i5-9600k-coffee-lake-refresh/16

The Witcher 3:
https://www.sweclockers.com/test/26...k-och-i5-9600k-coffee-lake-refresh/15#content

I think it matters hugely which games you play. Clearly though, there are some games that benefit from newer CPUs, even at 4K resolution, where there may be 10-20 FPS difference.I think it's mostly down to IPC improvements though, rather than core count. And possibly moving from DDR3 to DDR4 as well.

That is medium settings. Trust me ultra taxes the cpu a different way.

Soldato
Exactly my thoughts. They will come but just not for a couple of weeks.
don't get me wrong, i know what the upgrade itch is like. it's ******* killing me here :p but i just don't see the point yet, why torture myself further by buying a new cpu then have to hope and pray the current, almost certainly limited if not totally broken bios works on my x370?!

Back
Top Bottom