• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Soldato
2x 16GB Dual Rank.

I'm crossing my fingers that I get the approval for a purchase request for 4x 32GB Samsung DIMM's so I can test 128GB on AM4, only issue I have is due to it being unbuffered/non-ECC that I can't use it anywhere else after I am done with it.

Is that a crucial green kit?

Soldato
When you say it's not stable you mean it can't hold that boost but nearly can as opposed to actually locking up, reseting itself etc?

Yes, no lock ups, just ends up dropping back and bouncing quite a bit. Still reasonably good for such a low end part.

I6w4vKa.jpg

Batch code there for another interested. This sample was made week starting 3rd June '19

Soldato
Yes, no lock ups, just ends up dropping back and bouncing quite a bit. Still reasonably good for such a low end part.

Batch code there for another interested. This sample was made week starting 3rd June '19

guessing AMD can avoid USA/China tariffs with chip passing Taiwan before entering US... :D

nice working on the 3600 too :D

Associate
I just ordered a 3700X, was quite surprised they had it in stock. Also additional 16GB of 8pack 3600 MHz memory. Will be testing it on my X370 board, hopefully it won't give me too many headaches. I wanted to wait for a 3800X reviews but that model seems to be very rare.

Permabanned
Mega Urgent

Someone please test this:

Quote:

So I have been having a lot of boost issues and I FINALLY got to the bottom of them. For my it related to memory clocks (I was able to replicate the issue multiple times once I figured it out. Not sure if this is a bios issue or issue with my particular 3900x.

Anyway, whenever I run my RAM at anything higher than 3566 my CPU will NOT boost NOR downclock. It will instead get stuck at 4.275Ghz. I have tested complete stock, with PBO and with Auto-Overclock. All works normally unless I run the RAM at speeds over 3566.

Do you have any knowledge of memory speeds effecting boost clocks? I am also on bios F5e and this happens with and without Ryzen Master installed.

I have also noticed when boost IS working correctly my CPU will boost higher with standard PBO. If I do PBO with the 200Mhz offset it will boost to lower clocks. CPU is cooled with a custom loop and temps are fine so not sure if it is related to temps.

Lastly, does your chip boost to 4.6Ghz at stock or with PBO? The only way I have gotten mine to boost to 4.6Ghz (a little over 4.6 actually) is with a 103 bclk.

Soldato
How come the AMD chipset drivers include "AMD Ryzen Power Plan"? I thought this wasn't needed or included any more?

Just got my temporary R5 3600 up and running. I changed some BIOS settings (enabling fast boot, disabling WiFi) but nothing crazy. I did enable XMP and then the motherboard decided it could automatically set it higher, so it's currently at 3200-16-18-18-36. Got all my drivers installed so just need to run some benches now! :D

Last edited:
Associate
I just ordered a 3700X, was quite surprised they had it in stock. Also additional 16GB of 8pack 3600 MHz memory. Will be testing it on my X370 board, hopefully it won't give me too many headaches. I wanted to wait for a 3800X reviews but that model seems to be very rare.

yep just done that myself they where due friday i think so good to get them before the weekend, going to pair the 3700x with a x470 strix f will have to get the bios upgraded first maybe

Last edited:
Associate
Speaking of ram I've got 4 sticks of 8GB GSkill 3600C17 (b-die) running at 1.36v.

I'm seeing load temps of 35C for the outer most one and around 39C for sticks in the middle and under the cpu cooler. Whats a good / normal temp range? Case has good airflow but with 4 sticks they did seem very closely packed in with the chunky heat spreaders so not much air getting to the middle 2.

Was going to try working on the timings tonight but don't want the temps getting too high.

Soldato
How come the AMD chipset drivers include "AMD Ryzen Power Plan"? I thought this wasn't needed or included any more?

Just got my temporary R5 3600 up and running. I changed some BIOS settings (enabling fast boot, disabling WiFi) but nothing crazy. I did enable XMP and then the motherboard decided it could automatically set it higher, so it's currently at 3200-16-18-18-36. Got all my drivers installed so just need to run some benches now! :D

It doesn't when I install it. Are you n Windows 10?

Soldato
Why did AMD put the stealth as the stock 3600 cooler :(

Mine is hitting 90c+ in aida 64 stress test and that's with the paste changed from the stock to Noctua NT H1 as it was hitting 97c with the stock stuff :(

Have ordered a spire and hope that will do a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom