• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
That's the silver lining. Actually the two setups I'm assembling (one for myself) both have MSI B450 boards which have very unfinished beta bioses right now.

I have my finger ready to hit the buy button on a msi B450-I Gaming AC and i dunno what to do. Do we think Msi will correct the bios ?

Man of Honour
People still use Prime 95? Zomg is your PC 8 hours prime stable? If not it's not stable zomgs lolz etc. It's an unnecessarily aggressive test that is never replicated with gaming or normal home usage.

Soldato
Is Prime 95 still one of those torture tests that heats the CPU more than anything? Seems like it really does push temps, I can try 4.1GHz at 1.35V or lower. What's the lowest voltage I should realistically try.

I really don't like P95, it's a pointless test to me. My old i7 2600k was never prime stable at 4.8GHz, yet it never crashed when running 100% in games for hours and hours.

Associate
Lol so straight after I change to a 3800X the 3700X arrives (to be fair the guy on the phone let me know they were arriving), In no rush though as the 2600 is doing fine as a temporary chip and will put it away in the loft for my 10 year olds Xmas pressie when the 3800X does arrive.

Back
Top Bottom