Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Soldato
Happy with the slow and steady performance uplift of 1st-gen Ryzen from AGESA / BIOS updates.

Geekbench single-core score started out scoring approx 4250 points and now it's approx 4800. I hope it will break 5000 before AMD stop development!

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well finally gotten around to updating to the latest bios and slapped the memory back at docp lets see if it stays stable now after the backwards step last year.

Soldato
New BIOS didn't really do anything for my RAM compatibility, still stuck with 2933Mhz with B-die, rough.

I definitely had my b-die working at xmp 3200 on this board with an earlier bios. With an r7 1700. It's only after updating the bios and installing a 2700X that I had problems.
So it might be woth trying some of the earlier bios versions if you're still using the 1700 in sig.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I definitely had my b-die working at xmp 3200 on this board with an earlier bios. With an r7 1700. It's only after updating the bios and installing a 2700X that I had problems.
So it might be woth trying some of the earlier bios versions if you're still using the 1700 in sig.

some how asus or amd not sure who to blame but probably asus have made this mobo worse for many it seems, likewise i had mine running fine at 3200-14 then patched it early last year and it refused to run past 3000-16 without random crashes.

Soldato
There's a newer BIOS available with AGESA 0072.

This one seems to have got my RAM up to DOCP with no freezing finally.

I've had two extensive gaming session and the PC remained stable. So finger crossed.

I highly recommend this BIOS.

Oh and PBO is back as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys
Im hoping someone can help me. I have the Prime x370 pro with a R5 2600. Ive had it at 4,1ghz all core with 1,37v offset mode for about a year now.
My problem is that the Vcore voltage doesnt scale down with clock speed. In the BIOS I have AMD cool and quiet enabled but that doesnt do anyhting to help.
I dobt realy mind sice the PC is happy to run like this just would like to reduce idle temps a bit

Soldato
On a different note (fingers crossed this time) the latest BIOS 5008 seems to have finally enabled me to set the DOCP value of 3200MHz on my ram and it is stable. I played quite a few hours so far with no freezing.

I've said it before with other BIOSes but this is the longest stability I have encountered so far.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
On a different note (fingers crossed this time) the latest BIOS 5008 seems to have finally enabled me to set the DOCP value of 3200MHz on my ram and it is stable. I played quite a few hours so far with no freezing.

I've said it before with other BIOSes but this is the longest stability I have encountered so far.

thats nice to hear they have finally got it working again as i could set docp when i first built this pc then asus's bios magic borked it right up.

Associate
Anyone tied this board with Ryzen 2?

I have :) This evening I have installed a 3700x into mine running on the latest 5008 bios. It has worked out of the box, all settings are currently as stock. It is boosting to 4.3 on all cores under stress test (I use a Noctua air cooler) and I have seen 4.4 on two cores when pottering around in windows.

My ram is running at 3200mhz without needing any work to get it there (running at this speed was an absolute nightmare with my old 1700 CPU!)

Back
Top Bottom