*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Anyone going to pick up Tetris 99 when it's physically released?

No, I've changed my library to 100% digital on the Switch now. Can't be bothered changing cartridges anymore. Besides, this game is available for free, digitally - this just seems like a chronic waste of plastic and resources.

It's a free game isn't it?

It is. The game comes bundled with the DLC, and also a subscription to Nintendo online (to extend or start your subsription, whatever may be the case), so it may or may not be worth it for you.

Associate
God I'm turning into a grumpy old man. All I could think during the little "look how much fun it is with your friends" short was how they should be doing the things around them instead of playing on a switch.
Got to give nintendo the marketing team in how to promote Switch, we all know the Switch is going to be played on your own in your man cave/living room and not in a restaurant or on a boat or at park where lighting doesn't exist.:D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Got to give nintendo the marketing team in how to promote Switch, we all know the Switch is going to be played on your own in your man cave/living room and not in a restaurant or on a boat or at park where lighting doesn't exist.:D

Yeah, its all very aspirational. I either play it on my own at home on the TV, in handheld when the missus is watching rubbish like Love Island or when I am travelling. If I am out doing something I am out doing something, im not going out to play my Switch.

Soldato
If will be interesting to see how they price it. If it’s £200 then there’s still a good argument for the more expensive Switch, but if it’s around £170 or so I could be very tempted to buy one...

I honestly think they will sell loads of these, they will be hard to get around Christmas!

Associate
If will be interesting to see how they price it. If it’s £200 then there’s still a good argument for the more expensive Switch, but if it’s around £170 or so I could be very tempted to buy one...

I honestly think they will sell loads of these, they will be hard to get around Christmas!
If we was to look at pricing schemes for current Nintendo systems right now you can buy right now:
Nintendo 2DS - £80
Nintendo New 2DS XL - £130-150
Nintendo New 3DS XL - £180
The full Switch is £280-300 brand new with game or Nintendo online subscription,£220-240 with a game or Nintendo Online subscription or something will be the bundled deal and price we will most likely see with the lite in my opinion.
Be nice if they priced it at £180 but that would officially kill the 2ds/3ds space for Nintendo over here in the west in my opinion and I don't think Nintendo is done with it just yet.

Soldato
£220- £240 is too expensive, they’ve already stated it will be 199 USD. It needs to be £200 or under IMO. The 3DS probably costs them less than £20 to make, they should reduce the price to follow. Switch is the future, the 3DS isn’t (it’s still great!)

Associate
most cases that would just translate as £200 over here but I think most retailers will use the same business model of charging bit than standalone price to bundle it with something.

Back
Top Bottom