• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia ‘Super’ GPU Shortages May Spark Huge Price Hikes

Soldato
"Just get the 2070S, it's only £75 more than the 5700XT".

Yeah, right. I called it form the very beginning. £475 for a 2070S is a great price all things considered, but best of luck ever scoring one for that money. £500+ AIB models only, kiddies, and that's before stock shortages ramp the price up more.

OcUK Staff
Like I said we got ASUS to agree to hold our £475 price on the Asus EVO OC at MSRP until 9th August as it means they have to support our cost to prevent us making a loss and at MSRP its best card as it’s the fastest available at MSRP with boost clock of 1845MHz.

But yes Super stocks are very tight and shipment volumes very small but things will get better but yes for sure a lot of cards at £475 today will no doubt be £500 plus next week due to supply and demand.

We will hold price and yes of course 5700 XT performs very close to 2070 Super and is nearly £100 cheaper and has no supply issues.

Associate
I missed out on grabbing an Asus 2060 super Evo OC. But now I'm wondering if with the shortage and used cards coming on the market if its worth getting a used 2070 if it's a decent price. It's essentially the same performance.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Be like, OcUK main man says:

...of course 5700 XT performs very close to 2070 Super and is nearly £100 cheaper and has no supply issues.

OcUK guys still be like:

...I'm wondering if with the shortage and used cards coming on the market if its worth getting a used 2070 if it's a decent price. It's essentially the same performance.

:confused:

Soldato
5700Xt in the long run is likely to see performance improvement by the end of the year due to drivers. And a performance bump straight away when going to AIB models due to better thermals and power delivery.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
5700Xt in the long run is likely to see performance improvement by the end of the year due to drivers. And a performance bump straight away when going to AIB models due to better thermals and power delivery.

Yeah like the vega's did. The 56 went from below a 1070 to beating a 1070ti over the period so definitely worth considering if there are shortages of super+ price gouging kicking in.

Associate
Be like, OcUK main man says:

OcUK guys still be like:

:confused:

I've got nothing against AMD. I've only ever had Radeon cards. Never had Nvidia. But I value a GPU that isn't excessively loud, and the 5700 xt is so loud! (https://youtu.be/U1y-J0p-uJc @5m10s) (https://youtu.be/-SAWtKEIYbw @24m12s)

All the 5700 xt cards so far are the same blower style cooler, so there's no getting away from it until someone brings out a custom style cooler.

Soldato
I missed out on grabbing an Asus 2060 super Evo OC. But now I'm wondering if with the shortage and used cards coming on the market if its worth getting a used 2070 if it's a decent price. It's essentially the same performance.
Actually no. The 2060S is around 94.4% the spec of the 2070, but it is close in performance because of the higher clock.

When both cards at the same clock, the 2070 is faster.

Soldato
At least the current Turing are still made by TSMC and not Samsung. Otherwise, with the SM exports embargo by Japan to South Korea announced earlier this week, could have pushed the prices even higher.
Which could be the case next year, if Japan maintains the embargo. Except if Nvidia makes Ampere at 12nm TSMC, and not the 7nm EUV Samsung which is designed for.

Last time this happened (make on older node a GPU designed for smaller node) we had Vega and Fermi.

OcUK Staff
At least the current Turing are still made by TSMC and not Samsung. Otherwise, with the SM exports embargo by Japan to South Korea announced earlier this week, could have pushed the prices even higher.
Which could be the case next year, if Japan maintains the embargo. Except if Nvidia makes Ampere at 12nm TSMC, and not the 7nm EUV Samsung which is designed for.

Last time this happened (make on older node a GPU designed for smaller node) we had Vega and Fermi.

It’s already pushing memory and NAND up which is gutting it gets nice and cheap but now it’s shooting up again.

Back
Top Bottom