**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
I'm wondering with the success of the 3a's maybe the pixel 4 will be a return to the Nexus mindset and no more "a" phones....
Plastic body rather than glass and a price point around £500/£600

I wouldn’t mind plastic as prefer it to glass phones also would rather google put on last years flagship cpu rather than a 6*** series but the question then is would it still be priced at £400 ???

Associate
Another render here
https://pricebaba.com/blog/google-pixel-4-xl-5k-renders-360-degree-video-exclusive

That so called triple lens camera appears to actually be a standard and telephoto lens and some kind of depth sensor, so probably no ultra wide. Surprise surprise again.

Other rumours are the usual SD855 and 6Gb of RAM (barely enough, yet again), FaceID (yes please) or in-screen FPS (no thanks, but that is what we’ll probably get).

The design just looks like a 2XL without a chin. Or a Galaxy S8.

Not very impressive. Will obviously wait and see but will Google ever do anything more than underwhelming? For the prices they will undoubtedly charge they should be offering triple lens and 8Gb of RAM at the very least, not to mention a better design. So I have a feeling I’ll either stick with the 2XL or move away from Pixels altogether, maybe to an iPhone or whatever OnePlus Pro is in vogue at the time.

Soldato
Hopefully it won’t be another underspecced, poorly-designed phone targeted at google enthusiasts only. I wonder what goes on in their design meetings...”hey guys, what’s the lowest amount of everything we can fit in this thing and still charge nine hundred bucks for it?”

When in reality they should make it as amazing as possible and try to expand what I believe is a pitifully small market share.

Maybe they’ll do it differently this year.

Soldato
If the renders are accurate, they already betray a level of design mediocrity which shows they haven't learned from last years massive, massive notch. In fact, it looks like they've been too lazy to find an elegant solution so just re-added the top bezel to keep the notch hidden.

Soldato
The renders look perfectly fine to me... Phones do not need to be "all screen" IF the pixel 4 has face id as good as apples

Soldato
I'm hoping the pixel 4 isn't a disappointment as I'd like it to be my next phone, I spent years using iphones which worked great to using a mate 10 pro, which although is nice, does have a few really annoying bugs, I also prefer the look of stock android. My android future relies on the Pixel being a great phone. Unless there are other high end stock android devices out there or coming?

Soldato
Oneplus are really starting to show the big boys up. The pro is stunning. It surprised me to be honest, especially with the amount of phones I've had over the last few years. :D

Associate
I wonder if there is a pixel 4a also coming out at the same time ?
No

They won't launch a Pixel 4a along with the Pixel 4 for 2 reasons.
Anger Pixel 3a buyers.
Cannibalised sale of the Pixel 4.

The Pixel 4a if they decide to carry on making a cheaper Pixel, will launch around same time as the 3a did so May of next year.

Soldato
I just don't get it either. What are they thinking when they are making these design decisions? Those early S10/+ like renders looked great but now it looks like we're ending up with ****** bezels.

Soldato
I just don't get it either. What are they thinking when they are making these design decisions? Those early S10/+ like renders looked great but now it looks like we're ending up with ****** bezels.

Well yes and no. Those early leaks looked good at the time, but rememeber Google release their phones around Octoober time. I can tell you that an s10 design knocking on the door of 2020 would be silly......that's google. The timing is all wrong.
Google release their new phones and literally a few months later the next wave of phones are out with the latest processors.

That said though, these latest leaks look like something from 2017 :eek:

Back
Top Bottom