OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
y4mIi_2XJscb2f5NVnyHmBlad3gRDmndewKV4euhGvi9cAylRkJfxXI5myj3S1G3v2tU1P4NI4bMoTq3v8BNrj97d5gOP6a1IIV_zGZotAsQWLj2JpxQWw6CiuUN38dAWQm3SB-xBDfA9LZ2DvZeGJQlYQejmNJpeLtNlOeWK9wvhsxeTBxQkdaIprCUGw9nJUhPqrO2LyS8fdcP-wyCv27rA

Took this pic with him in his new seat. We'd stopped and we're just about to get out that's why his strap is wrong. He now doesn't like it as he can't let himself out (which he could do by undoing his harness). I'm quite pleased with the fit, bearing in mind he's not 3 till September but was over the weight limit for his harness.

Soldato
Thought you guys might like this, was washing the car earlier and my son (pictured above) was 'helping'. As he is a toddler he loves the hosepipe a little too much, so my Mrs went round the back and turned the outside tap off. He noticed the flow drop off so ran round the back of the house to turn the tap on and managed it. I've no hope lol.

Soldato
OP
So yesterday I was all geared up for fight night in the shower, and she was totally chill and just hopped in the shower, let me shampoo her hair etc and was really nice and happy. Fingers crossed tonight is the same.

Soldato
Weeks away from our 2nds dues date now! Hope it all comes back to me :D our first is only 3 and a half but the early months are a distant memory probably due to the lack of sleep :)

Soldato
Having a hell of a time with bathtimes lately. Screaming and full on meltdowns. I'm on the verge of just wrestling her into the bath and getting in there with her to get her clean. If I do that I think she'd never have a bath again though. She's big enough now that it is bloody difficult to get her in there if she doesn't want to, and it sounds like someone's murdering her.

Anyone figured out "one cool trick that sorts bathtimes out. Toddlers hate it!" that they can share? Feel like we've tried everything!

Buy the bath water colour tablets. Let her choose a colour. Our twins have 3 colours to choose from. Then let them ...sorry her, throw the tablet into the bath and watch it change the colour of the water. Make bathtime fun. Water drains away without staining anything so you're good to go.

Color My Bath - Water Colour Changing Bath Tablets, 300-Piece - check rainforest.

You can get tubes of 20 for a couple of quid

Soldato
Trust me. You'll find yourself thinking "it wasn't this hard the first time round".

We had our 2nd 5 months ago, shortly after our 1st's 2nd birthday.

Oh no don't say that :D

We do think our first was particularly tricky to start with so theres always hope this one may go easier on us.. no chance.

Only thing I'm dreading a bit is how our first will take it all. He's 3 and a half now so does have a fairly good understanding of what's going on but they go from having you all to themselves to have to split that with the new arrival, I'm sure it will be fine hes pretty excited too

Soldato
Oh no don't say that :D

We do think our first was particularly tricky to start with so theres always hope this one may go easier on us.. no chance.

Only thing I'm dreading a bit is how our first will take it all. He's 3 and a half now so does have a fairly good understanding of what's going on but they go from having you all to themselves to have to split that with the new arrival, I'm sure it will be fine hes pretty excited too

Tbf our daughter (1st child) was and continues to be the easiest child to have.

Sleeping through from 14 days old
Practically weaned herself
Incredibly forward with her speech (been compared to a 4 Yr old in terms of vocab/grammar)

Our daughter took to our son like mother hen. She wants to help in everything including feeding and dirty nappies.

Soldato
Tbf our daughter (1st child) was and continues to be the easiest child to have.

Sleeping through from 14 days old
Practically weaned herself
Incredibly forward with her speech (been compared to a 4 Yr old in terms of vocab/grammar)

Our daughter took to our son like mother hen. She wants to help in everything including feeding and dirty nappies.

That's fantastic! Sounds like it's going really well :)

Cant remember how long it was for him to get a good steady nights sleep, somewhere between 6months to a year old.

Soldato
That's fantastic! Sounds like it's going really well :)

Cant remember how long it was for him to get a good steady nights sleep, somewhere between 6months to a year old.

As well as it could be.

Our son is currently undergoing regular scans on his head. He developed larger than normal ventricles in his brain during gestation and they are still larger than they should be. We have appointments with neurosurgeons at the end of the month but tbh he's a big lad so I think it's just part of that.

He's 4 1/2 month old and already in 9-12mth clothing and 16lb 9oz (1.2st/7.7kg). He already has both lower front teeth through too.

Associate
We're just about to go into week 28 and yeah, baby is still babying around inside the OH. Plenty of movement, my OH knows when its going to be active and not, kicks are getting stronger and apparently goes bonkers when it hears my voice. Our dog knows that something is inside her and keeps putting his head on her stomach and has a listen, pretty sweet really.

Going to be starting work on the baby's room this weekend. Any one got any tips to what we should have in there, aside from the obvious!

Soldato
Having a hell of a time with bathtimes lately. Screaming and full on meltdowns. I'm on the verge of just wrestling her into the bath and getting in there with her to get her clean. If I do that I think she'd never have a bath again though. She's big enough now that it is bloody difficult to get her in there if she doesn't want to, and it sounds like someone's murdering her.

Anyone figured out "one cool trick that sorts bathtimes out. Toddlers hate it!" that they can share? Feel like we've tried everything!

My kids always loved bathtime.

Have you tried bubble bath? Also ducks, water pistols and other bath toys.

Associate
Going to be starting work on the baby's room this weekend. Any one got any tips to what we should have in there, aside from the obvious!

I can suggest something not to have, a changing table! Just use the floor much easier and safer.

A cot and some drawers to put clothes in is really all you need, and you won't even need the cot for a few months.

I would suggest buying as little as possible before hand and get it when/if you need it.

Soldato
We're just about to go into week 28 and yeah, baby is still babying around inside the OH. Plenty of movement, my OH knows when its going to be active and not, kicks are getting stronger and apparently goes bonkers when it hears my voice. Our dog knows that something is inside her and keeps putting his head on her stomach and has a listen, pretty sweet really.

Don't go mad buying everything before baby comes, you won't need half of that crap. Amazon prime, next day delivery, for anything you realise you need and haven't got when baby comes. However, a decent nappy bin did come handy to us, as is plenty of surface to put STUFF on and have easily to hand... (wet wipes, lotions, toys, etc).

Back
Top Bottom