• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I had mine pre ordered since Sunday from a different place but they have no idea when they will get it. Gibbo at least gives people some sort of update. I am hoping he can come back soon before the 1 day shipping windows closes since I am really considering the 3700X now.

Pre ordered mine sunday at a different site, originally it was coming thursday so i chose to deliver to my work, this morning it checked and it was saying Sunday delivery now, so i changed it to my home address instead, this then put the delivery back to the 21st!!! lol...

Called them up, and they said the change of address meant it was coming from a different warehouse, well i live less than 2 miles from my work so found that suspicious, and also i actually live closer to the nearest warehouse of theirs, anyhow they gave me a £10 voucher for next order, and im still sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to deliver the CPU....

If the CPU appears anywhere else before then i will cancel my 3800x order with them and buy elsewhere, i had a £50 voucher with them which made the cost almost the same as the 3700x anyhow, and with their £10 voucher that actually makes my 3800x via them the same price as the 3700x lol, so im tempted to just wait it out :)

Associate
Pre ordered mine sunday at a different site, originally it was coming thursday so i chose to deliver to my work, this morning it checked and it was saying Sunday delivery now, so i changed it to my home address instead, this then put the delivery back to the 21st!!! lol...

Called them up, and they said the change of address meant it was coming from a different warehouse, well i live less than 2 miles from my work so found that suspicious, and also i actually live closer to the nearest warehouse of theirs, anyhow they gave me a £10 voucher for next order, and im still sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to deliver the CPU....

If the CPU appears anywhere else before then i will cancel my 3800x order with them and buy elsewhere, i had a £50 voucher with them which made the cost almost the same as the 3700x anyhow, and with their £10 voucher that actually makes my 3800x via them the same price as the 3700x lol, so im tempted to just wait it out :)
For me is not about money anymore, is about having the actual CPU :/ It did work out for you though, those vouchers will come in handy.

Permabanned
Mega Urgent

Someone please test this:

Quote:

So I have been having a lot of boost issues and I FINALLY got to the bottom of them. For my it related to memory clocks (I was able to replicate the issue multiple times once I figured it out. Not sure if this is a bios issue or issue with my particular 3900x.

Anyway, whenever I run my RAM at anything higher than 3566 my CPU will NOT boost NOR downclock. It will instead get stuck at 4.275Ghz. I have tested complete stock, with PBO and with Auto-Overclock. All works normally unless I run the RAM at speeds over 3566.

Do you have any knowledge of memory speeds effecting boost clocks? I am also on bios F5e and this happens with and without Ryzen Master installed.

I have also noticed when boost IS working correctly my CPU will boost higher with standard PBO. If I do PBO with the 200Mhz offset it will boost to lower clocks. CPU is cooled with a custom loop and temps are fine so not sure if it is related to temps.

Lastly, does your chip boost to 4.6Ghz at stock or with PBO? The only way I have gotten mine to boost to 4.6Ghz (a little over 4.6 actually) is with a 103 bclk.

Associate
Either the 3800X is going to be a disappointment, or it will boost nicely and AMD doesn't want to take shine from the 3900X at the moment. I don't see another reason why it has not showed up anywhere, even for reviewers.

Caporegime
Given everything is selling as fast as it shows up, I'd be surprised if it were more than a straightforward cockup somewhere along the supply chain. Conspiracy takes effort, incompetence takes none.

Maybe they are struggling to bin off 3800X cores at the moment. They must be relatively in demand for use elsewhere, either the 3900X or Epyc.

Probably better margins to combine a decent 8 core CCC with a left over 4 core chiplet and sell it as a 3900X than selling it alone as a 3800X.

Associate
But amd have given ocuk tracking numbers and said they are on the way. Surely they are not going to make this up?

Atleast i assume they have tracking numbers seperate to the 3700x as gibbo said "they are still showing for delivery today" which i take it as he has tracked the shipment and can see it.

Will be a load of polish truck drivers enjoying our new cpu's :p

Associate
But amd have given ocuk tracking numbers and said they are on the way. Surely they are not going to make this up?

Atleast i assume they have tracking numbers seperate to the 3700x as gibbo said "they are still showing for delivery today" which i take it as he has tracked the shipment and can see it.

Will be a load of polish truck drivers enjoying our new cpu's :p
Today on the news "Truck full of 3800X AMD CPUs has gone missing" lol

Soldato
I'm not so convinced.
that's handy, as i'm not trying to convince anyone. i was posting a bit of silliness for fun.

that said, you did end up agreeing with me.....if the 3800x magically turned out to be a beast the sales of 3600(x)/3700x and to a degree the 3900x would have taken a nose dive. :p
3600(X)/3700X buyers would likely spend more on the 3800X if it was that good.

that said, it's weird how there's next to no reviews out for them yet.

Back
Top Bottom