The Expanse

Soldato
Soldato
There are novellas inbetween some of those that give you nice back stories to the main characters.
I recommend highly, using audible to listen to them if you can as jefferson mays, the guy reading then, nails every characters voice and the feeling very closely to the tv show

Associate
well we got an aired date for season 4 let just hope it a global aired date as so far the trailers for "the expanse" and "star trek: picard" are from the amazon prime US. but it is December 13 then from 9th until the 13 I be watching back to back episode of the expanse in 4k. :)

Soldato
Best Sci-Fi series since B5?

Its good, but come on lads its no Stargate:SG1 :D

Can't wait for the 4th series, or the 9th book. Argh.

Soldato
Best Sci-Fi series since B5?

Its good, but come on lads its no Stargate:SG1 :D

Can't wait for the 4th series, or the 9th book. Argh.

I tried and tried but couldn't get past season 3 of SG1 and even getting that far was a slog. It's a shame as it's so well regarded I feel like I was missing out. It just didn't click with me though :(

I haven't even read book 8 yet, waiting on paperback, the wait is killing me.

Soldato
I tried and tried but couldn't get past season 3 of SG1 and even getting that far was a slog. It's a shame as it's so well regarded I feel like I was missing out. It just didn't click with me though :(

I haven't even read book 8 yet, waiting on paperback, the wait is killing me.

My first point was in jest - although I did enjoy SG1 and infact all Stargate shows at the time, they're not even remotely on par with The Expanse!

Man of Honour
My first point was in jest - although I did enjoy SG1 and infact all Stargate shows at the time, they're not even remotely on par with The Expanse!

The difference for me is the consistency - The Expanse has maintained a fairly consistent level of good or very good - while IMO Stargate at its peak moments edges it but it has so many episodes and story arcs that don't come close and often don't make for good repeat viewing.

Personally I would take SG: Atlantis over The Expanse if it had the same budget thrown at it and was redone utilising the original premise better but keeping most of the original cast.

Associate
The difference for me is the consistency - The Expanse has maintained a fairly consistent level of good or very good - while IMO Stargate at its peak moments edges it but it has so many episodes and story arcs that don't come close and often don't make for good repeat viewing.

Personally I would take SG: Atlantis over The Expanse if it had the same budget thrown at it and was redone utilising the original premise better but keeping most of the original cast.

I used to love Stargate SG-1 but it is admittedly quite cheesy a lot of the time. And the format for each episode was a bit 'rinse and repeat'; you know what it's like, lots of American series use the same rulebook for how to write and shoot a TV show, it ends up looking like it was made by the same people. House, lie to me, supernatural, etc.. all have the same feel to how it's written and filmed. It's not just me is it? There must be a name for this?

Anyway, back from that tangent; Stargate Universe was the best Stargate in my opinion. I'm so sad it got cancelled! :'(

I'm so excited to watch the rest of the expanse (still on series 1), but I've struggled to find the time to get an hour to myself to watch it these past few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom