Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
This might sound really dumb, but try descending slower.

You can probably do 130kg because your descent shows good control, but you collapsed forward and took the weight on your back. Descend slowly and really focus on your legs and back, keeping your chest up

Makes sense, thank you.

I won't be trying again until the end of the next cycle anyway, I just need to decide whether to do another cycle of HST or not (probably will)

Yeap the 120 looked easy, the 130 looked like you hit a mental block not a physical one.

Definitely. I nearly wrote that bit thought it would be misconstrued.

Still happy to have attempted it though, would t have even been on my mind at the start of the year :p

Caporegime
OP
HST cycles will never hurt you. Bigger muscles = bigger contractile machinery = bigger force.

Science called. Your mass gains are ready to collect.

:D

Did two cycles back to back, that was fun. Doing a deadlift max test tomorrow hopefully. Will take a week to regroup and probably go into another as I'm enjoying it.

Weighed myself and k was 99kg the other day,so will probably try cut a bit as well, but I like cake, so that probably won't go :p

Caporegime
OP
Last max test: Deadlifts
I've felt pretty crap all week tbh but screw it.

170kg/374lbs Felt good
180kg/396lbs Failed, felt it all in the wrong places

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, as I'm probably feeling the healthiest (in terms of back issues) since forever, so I should count my blessings.

190kg is my lifetime PB for deadlift, just need to keep plugging away.

That deadlift to squat ratio though 170kg/120kg respectively

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByYIk1_lAYE/?igshid=1izutatsbl41m

Caporegime
OP
Oh damn, very nice lifting pal! I'm the opposite at the moment, my squats are going well, but I'm struggling with deadlifts haha (although can't do both at the moment).

Cheers :)

My squats are actually feeling good for once, I haven't been repping 100kg since forever, and if I did previously it was more of a knee jerk.

Why can't you do either?

Soldato
Cheers :)

My squats are actually feeling good for once, I haven't been repping 100kg since forever, and if I did previously it was more of a knee jerk.

Why can't you do either?

well since I damaged my back a few months ago, it still hurts now. So, actually might have to get my fat ass to a physio one of these days.

Where's the log gainz at, I need my daily fix! haha

Caporegime
OP
well since I damaged my back a few months ago, it still hurts now. So, actually might have to get my fat ass to a physio one of these days.

Where's the log gainz at, I need my daily fix! haha

Hah, tbh I started a new cycle and after the first day got the death cold, so scrapped it. Just stared up again last week.

2*15*100kg for Deadlifts, it will be 2*15*60kg for squats on Wednesday

My deadlift days are destroying me:
Deadlift
Front Squat
Inc DB Press
Seated Cable Row
OHP
Face Pulls

Puke

Caporegime
OP
Deadlift: 2*10*110kg
Front squat: 2*10*55kg
OHP: 2*10*30KG
Inc dB bench: 2*10*24kg
Face pulls: 2*12*11.something
Cable rows: 2*10*fly stack, was meant to be the cable row but it was in use

Caporegime
OP
Still doing

Deadlift: 2*10*120kg
Front squat: 2*10*65kg
Inc.db bench: 2*10*28dbs
Seated cable row: 3*12*stack
OHP/pp: 2*10*35kg
Face pulls: 3*12*13.6kg

So yeah, plugging away, back into 5s next week I believe but I'll be training back to back some days which isn't ideal, never mind!

Caporegime
OP
Nice. Maybe one day I will lift like that!

Sure you will / do / have!

Squats today, 3*5*95kg
RDLS superset with BOR 3*5*85KG
dB bench with the 36kgs, faceplanted the first try basically, then did 5, then dropped to 32s.

Happy with everything except the dB bench, infuriated is a better word. Managed two sets plus a couple reps on the third last week? Amazing how much things can change in a week. My shoulder isn't exactly in a great position atm, so I can only assume being woken up at 4am plus sub optimal breakfast and not feeling 100% going in (head was all over the place) didn't help matters :p

Back
Top Bottom