£1000 Limit

Associate
Hello Friends

I know this gets done time and time again, but there are a lot more knowledgeable ppl out there than me when it comes to pc,s.

I have a limit of £1000.

and would like help on buying a Prebuilt PC
It must be able to play Dayz/Arma3/BF5

only the pc and components , no need for peripherals.

also it can be AMD or Intel

Please help me guys.

Thanks

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £947.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Left £50 for a possible build fee although that isn't cast in stone and OcUK quote on a spec by spec basis. Can inquire here.

Can also have a look at the prebuilts available and compare. I'll have a look now as well, although there's usually something I don't like in the budget systems, tends to be motherboard or PSU or both. Or you can't ditch a 1TB HDD or something. They can make one or two alterations if requested, though.

The decent MSI B450 boards are out of stock now, as predicted. I would imagine they'd get more in soon. You'd have to ask. Hard to recommend other budget boards as the VRMs and VRM cooling aren't up to scratch.

£30 more will get him the newer Ryzen 3600. Could also start off with a 500GB SSD maybe and add another drive later. Fitting a new drive isn't usually much of an issue for newbies.

@tamzzy @orbitalwalsh @Plec for other opinions.​

Soldato
@tammzy - it's for his mate who isn't Windows/tech savvy.

That said that, if it gets him a 3600 coupled with a 2070S @AggonyJudgee, I would talk him through the install process via whatsapp? (persuade him - give him links to YouTube guides to prep him)

If not i would spend the extra £30 for the 3600 in @Danny75's build - if he's not confident in sticking in a pen drive and following prompts (not sarcasm - but he may need explaining that it is that easy.).

Soldato
It's good that Tamzzy showed what's possible with self-Windows install though. Hell, you could tell him to pay you £50 in beer (if you drink) and travel expenses for you to install Windows for him, and it'd still be cheaper. :)

Soldato
It's good that Tamzzy showed what's possible with self-Windows install though. Hell, you could tell him to pay you £50 in beer (if you drink) and travel expenses for you to install Windows for him, and it'd still be cheaper. :)
Yep, OP, get him to send you beer and WhatsApp him through the process. You can then drink through the inevitable frustration and can pull the phone away from your face when you start banging your head against the wall when you realise your mistake in offering.

Persuade him - so much more computer.

hence the specced rgb bling bling case! lol :p
We all know it's your guilty pleasure :D

Back
Top Bottom