Show us your kitty cats

Pet Northerner
Don
Now we know why Ronnie comes in covered in dirt - he thinks he is a plant.

414204508.jpg

We had new neighbours move in next door yesterday - was talking to the bloke and he asked if we had a ginger cat - seems Ronnie was first to welcome them - Made himself at home.

awwww bless him

I'm a sucker for a ginger cat

Soldato
I wish Ronnie would stop rabbiting. He was crashed out on my lap tonight and I managed to pick 10 rabbit fleas off his ears.

He is out now but it's raining so I hope he has gone in summer house for the night. Probably find another half eaten rabbit in the morning.

Soldato
Holly is little devil these days - she has been on a massive diet for a few months and is giving us the stare. Have to take her back to Vets every month to be weighed - First month -30g second month -20g - Wife was sneaking little bits to her because she felt sorry for her. - Every time you open a packet or tin of something she appears out of nowhere.

Cats can wear you down if you are not strong and wife is faltering.

Soldato
We took Holly to the vets and she has lost 1kg in weight - Really pleased but bad news is she has still got her ear infection so another load of ear drops and we take her back again on Thursday - Both of us are crossing our fingers - I took a picture of her earlier but it turned out blurred.

How can you tell we have lit the log burner - lounge was showing 18c.

I have to sit on the floor now.

414236078.jpg

414236079.jpg

Soldato
My neighbour called me over to the fence earlier and told me they had been to the vet with Ginger - unfortunately he had a tumour so they had him put to sleep.

Ginger and Ronnie lived in the same house just up the road and a couple years ago the people split up leaving the cats out to roam - Ginger picked next door and Ronnie picked us. - They never really got on - fighting everytime they met - Ginger had my hand twice when feeding him in the early years and resulted in two trips to hospital for jabs and antibiotics for my arm going red. - Over the years Ginger mellowed and he and Ronnie tolerated each other with a bit of hissing and wailing - Then Ginger started losing weight and next door said they had him on a diet and he looked fit for a while but over last few months he looked skinny and was going deaf - next door works at a cattery part time but she never took him to Vet - Odd isn't it. - She said that Ronnie had been popping in every morning over the last few weeks and said I wonder if he knew Ginger was ill.

He is now at rest next to Fred - a ginger cat they had before who was run over just down the road.

Oh well such is life - RIP Ginger. - For some reason I never took a picture of him ? - This has been a right wake up call as to how fragile life is. - there but for the grace of God and all that.

Ronnie when he was a bit younger.
411652446.jpg

Back
Top Bottom