Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
UPDATED BIOS looks
See - i would miss out on this sleek new design if i got the X470 (unless it's added in a BIOS update). :p

I've watched that Der8auer video a few times now - really beginning to feel that had manufacturer's not integrated the PCH fan so neatly (i.e. cutting away half the heatsink to accommodate it) that the fan would not be an issue at all for most users - certainly semi-passive mode (may yet prove not to be with BIOS updates). That pig ugly Biostar with the fan stuck on as an afterthought may actually have the simplest modding edge (no, i have no intention of getting one). But the Pro/ULTRA would probably need a third party heat sink option - I'm hoping for more uploads of heavily stressed modded boards for comparison.

Having said that one board is hardly a solid foundation to draw conclusions from - so rip off those fans everyone, it's for the greater good (me).

I mean, Christ on a popsicle stick:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why has the Gigabyte Xtreme disappeared and is not being sold anywhere?

@GIGA-Man or @Gibbo might be able to help with that

@Plec not sure why Gigabyte just didnt use the finned heatsink design on the chipset , surface area would have increase by about 300%. Specially if its done via copper base for better Heat conduction and Aluminum fins for heat dissipation

Copper has a higher thermal conductivity, and therefore is superior to aluminum in processor cooling. Copper is better at conducting heat than aluminum, but aluminum is able to radiate the heat into the air better than copper because of its lower density.28 Jan 2009

in theory , Gigabyte could make their Heatsinks untouchable !!! ^^^^ hint hint

still pains me seeing either copper or aluminum radiators.. needs to be both ! copper tubes and alumin fins like air coolers

Associate
Just beawere that after you will update bios from f3 to f5e max clocks will go down.. also that chipset fan doesnt sound so load as in that video.. for me it doesnt look like it goes on full power... actually I even checked if its spinning at all.. as it sounds in harmony with other case fans :D which i Run on ~900rpm.. it obviously can change situation after I will install gen4 nvme which I didnt get yet.. but for now chipset fan is no problem at all for me :S

Associate
Just beawere that after you will update bios from f3 to f5e max clocks will go down.. also that chipset fan doesnt sound so load as in that video.. for me it doesnt look like it goes on full power... actually I even checked if its spinning at all.. as it sounds in harmony with other case fans :D which i Run on ~900rpm.. it obviously can change situation after I will install gen4 nvme which I didnt get yet.. but for now chipset fan is no problem at all for me :S

There is an F5f that's being tested, it has fan profiles you can chose currently and a fan curve setting is being pushed for too and R & D are working to see if it's possible. We're working hard for those that do have doubt / issues with the chipset fan.

I'll keep you all posted....

Associate
Yeah, that’s good news. I’ll definitely hold out for one if they’re due a few weeks.

Love a big black sexy motherboard :cool:

I'll push to have it set up in the next few days for pre-orders and will keep you updated on the stock...

I warn you all now, GIGABYTE will not be held responsible for any hernias caused by users lifting the Xtreme into rig's... It's basically one giant heat sink of a board and heavy!

Soldato
@GIGA-Man

Take out 4-6 phases (compared to Master and Xtreme) and the chipset fan, leave the top VRM heatsink phase-less with heatpipe to the chipset, get the price to around £250 and you'll have a motherboard that should sell like hot cakes (plus get in first in case another vendor does it).

Associate
There is an F5f that's being tested, it has fan profiles you can chose currently and a fan curve setting is being pushed for too and R & D are working to see if it's possible. We're working hard for those that do have doubt / issues with the chipset fan.

I'll keep you all posted....
What about clocks getting back to normal? Or will it stay downclocked?

Soldato
Were these boards supposed to be loud, because my Ultra is barely audible, even under heavy load.
No, but they are when ramped up - and some boards have been delivered with fan on auto/full revs. With the new Gigabyte BIOS releases you should soon be benefiting from semi-passive mode - see @Sin_Chase's exchanges with Gigabyte, earlier in the thread.

That said - with your setup even under heavy load you shouldn't be stressing the PCH.

Caporegime
No, but they are when ramped up - and some boards have been delivered with fan on auto/full revs. With the new Gigabyte BIOS releases you should soon be benefiting from semi-passive mode - see @Sin_Chase's exchanges with Gigabyte, earlier in the thread.

That said - with your setup even under heavy load you shouldn't be stressing the PCH.
You see, this is where my knowledge falls down flat because I would have thought logically, the faster the cpu, the more work the board has to do to keep up with it, therefore higher temps and fan rpm.

Back
Top Bottom