*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
Any better? I've got it on my pro 2018 but took it off my phone and went back to 12
Haven't had the chance to really use the ipad much since I updated but I have observed MUCH better FaceID lockscreen detection as was a mess before and I had to resort to using my passcode 90% of the time just to get into the device.

In addition YouTube is an absolute mess - the playback window is often black, whilst audio plays just fine. Going into fullscreen and back repeatedly a few times sometimes fixes it. This could be Googles fault rather than apples though.

The widget panel on the left has its novelty factor already worn off on me. I've never liked ios widgets compared to android ones so I very rarely even utilise them.

Associate
It’s got some interesting features, but it’s ruining my battery and is running my phone really hot when any apps are running. On an iPhone 7 with a slightly dodgy battery, but umming and arring about going back to iOS 12, especially as CarPlay is still broken for me.

Soldato
It’s got some interesting features, but it’s ruining my battery and is running my phone really hot when any apps are running. On an iPhone 7 with a slightly dodgy battery, but umming and arring about going back to iOS 12, especially as CarPlay is still broken for me.
Regarding CarPlay, have you turned off bold text? [settings-display and brightness-bold text] This has been a cause of some peoples issues. CarPlay working good for me iOS 13 beta 3.

Associate
I never turned bold text on, but thanks for the tip. I tried getting the phone to forget carplay, then re-nable it, and that seemed to work when I picked the car up from the station tonight, will see if it continues over the weekend. Back of the phone is still hotter than the sun sometimes though!!

Soldato
I never turned bold text on, but thanks for the tip. I tried getting the phone to forget carplay, then re-nable it, and that seemed to work when I picked the car up from the station tonight, will see if it continues over the weekend. Back of the phone is still hotter than the sun sometimes though!!

Good stuff. No heat issues here. Have you tried to quit all apps and then hard reset?

Associate
Regarding CarPlay, have you turned off bold text? [settings-display and brightness-bold text] This has been a cause of some peoples issues. CarPlay working good for me iOS 13 beta 3.

Which headunit are you connecting to ?

Running a Pioneer SPHDA120 in my Golf not much point upgrading to the beta yet if carplay plays up on it as I use it for music & satnav daily.

Cheers all

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

What’s this ‘dark mode’ like? Is it any good?

Been wondering the same thing, I hope it changes the colour of the apps too. Would be stupid to see a dark mode and then a lot of the apps are still bright dumb colours.. It'll just seem like we changed the background to a black wallpaper

Man of Honour
I've put this on my new iPad Pro and so far, so good. The only app I've noticed an issue with so far is tapatalk. Coming from the previous Pro with Touch ID I find swiping up to exit apps a bit odd as it brings up the app drawer first, I would have expected it to go straight to the home screen.

Soldato
I've put this on my new iPad Pro and so far, so good. The only app I've noticed an issue with so far is tapatalk. Coming from the previous Pro with Touch ID I find swiping up to exit apps a bit odd as it brings up the app drawer first, I would have expected it to go straight to the home screen.

I need this to be released already, my iPad is crying out for it haha - I steadfast refuse to use BETA software on stuff that I use everyday though. Most of what I read though looks fantastic.

Soldato
You're swiping too far.

Back
Top Bottom