What watch do you wear?

Associate
My Christopher Ward C60 Trident Elite 1000 arrived earlier this week.

Initial thoughts are all positive. The build quality and specs rival my Omega Seamaster at a third of the cost. Very beautiful watch and very eye catching, quite a lot of comments already from wearing it to work.

Soldato
My Christopher Ward C60 Trident Elite 1000 arrived earlier this week.

Initial thoughts are all positive. The build quality and specs rival my Omega Seamaster at a third of the cost. Very beautiful watch and very eye catching, quite a lot of comments already from wearing it to work.

Wish I could wear my Trident to work, but really don't fancy it meeting any of the chemicals I use. Excellent build quality and feel though, and as you say, everyone comments on it. :)

Soldato
Hey guys

Thinking of getting a Rolex Submariner with date how long should I expect to wait?

All depends on where you are located and the size type of the AD (independant or chain) you would be dealing with.

If in the South East or London area, I'm sorry to say that a new customer would be very lucky to get one within a year.
Have seen people get one within a few months but that is not the current norm.

Up until recently grey market prices on a Sub date were acceptable, this year however the price is simply too much IMO. I guess this is fueled by speculation on possible discontinuation/replacement of the current model come March next year.

Soldato
You'll need to get onto the lists of some ADs to stand a chance. Some claim lists do not exist, but some lists clearly do exist!
You got it - there is no such thing as a wait list.
AD’s support their VIP customers so even if you’re next on ‘the list’, an in demand watch will go to one of their valued customers and not you.

My advice; don’t wait around or pay overs - Find something else you like.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys

Thinking of getting a Rolex Submariner with date how long should I expect to wait?

Go and speak to your local dealers in person, explain what you want and ask to buy. They will say waiting times / list, ask to get on and offer deposit - basically show you are serious.

Do this in a few of them and go on lists in each place.

Best way.

Soldato
You've got a good chance of getting a Submariner by getting your name down with a few different dealers. If you're specific in the model and chat to them so they know you won't be buying it to sell on you might not even have to wait that long. I've managed to pick up several SS sports models since late last year.

You've got slim to no chance with a GMT Master though, without some prior purchase history.

Associate
22C3F3DF5E434EF49C2A.jpeg

latest one for the collection, might go up in value

Associate
Interesting that they chose to write 'Fly-back' on the relevant black and white versions, but not on these - any idea why?

I did read the French air force had direct influence on the dial, there are a few other tiny differences too like the minute chrono dial being slightly bigger and the seconds sub-dial being slight smaller than the standard flyback.
Also the sub-dial and chrono second hands are different.

My one has a non-standard sapphire crystal case back to view the movement (mint condition original back safely in the box!)

Soldato
I did read the French air force had direct influence on the dial, there are a few other tiny differences too like the minute chrono dial being slightly bigger and the seconds sub-dial being slight smaller than the standard flyback.
Also the sub-dial and chrono second hands are different.

My one has a non-standard sapphire crystal case back to view the movement (mint condition original back safely in the box!)
A brilliant modification on your part and one I could not recommend more! They're stunning movements to watch in action, whether finished for display or not.

Back
Top Bottom