• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

No, you are the worst here. I said it already - a troll never shouts "hold the troll".

Nonsense.

Now your comment happens because your interests don't coincide with mine.
My interest is to give to people more for their money. Your interest is to give to people little and to pretend you are giving them a lot. I call you fake.

No your interest is to spit your dummy out because AMD are running a business and require a profit. You call me fake, what does that even mean

If you have complaints, report it and let the moderators decide. Just don't spread criminal hate and lies.

Criminal hate and lies? Are you high? Quote the points that relate to this drivel.

The source is not wccftech, it is a Chinese site, confirmed by Computer base.

If it is really fake, then the situation is very bad for all. It means Intel wouldn't eben bother to address the AMD overpriced and underdeveloped lineup.

Will someone please find this kids dummy!

Good grief you have had a very public break-down since AMD didn’t undercut Intel by as much as you wanted! Intel as a direct result reduced their prices. Still not good enough for poor 4K8KW10.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm intrigued... Need to update. If this is out by Christmas I'll use the i7 3770k for PS4 encoding.

Associate
Nope.

AMD forget Zen 2 is on 7nm!

It will not match with Comet Lake on 14nm+++ at gaming.

Look at Navi on 7nm, it would not able to blow Turing out of water on 12nm (actually 16nm+).

AMD on 7nm? LOL how very embarrassed. Zen 2 and Navi would be done on 12nm or 14nm without need to used 7nm.

You misunderstand the impact of moving to smaller nodes. There is a mild benefit to power consumption and switching speed, where the real benefit is density. AMD have gone relatively dense on Zen2, and as a result the clocks are lower than they might have been otherwise - it comes down to heat density and issues with delivering power to such dense circuits. This is good for yields and economics of their devices.

Intel's eventual move to 10nm will net them some power consumption reductions, but realistically they will not net huge other benefits. WHy do you think they haven't transitioned yet? After doing so, they might compete with AMDs efficiency, which is vastly superior. Intels major problem is they can only do high core count CPUs with huge monolithic dies, and that is going to be their downfall for a good few generations to come.

Soldato
People get way too worked up about AMD, guys you don’t need to ram it down our throats any more... They have caught up, regardless of which CPU is the marginal 5% best for which task the result already is a win with price reductions and the hope of better products in the future.

Chill out and enjoy it.

Soldato
Soldato
Only OEM motherboards actually stick to the TDP limit. That doesn't necessarily mean base clocks though (although it can for the worst silicon).

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14605/the-and-ryzen-3700x-3900x-review-raising-the-bar/19

TDP is a meaningless number for people building custom systems.
That may well be the case but the point was about the actual figures given by Intel/AMD. They can only be eqauted to each other if both measurements are taken using the same metric. Apparently this is not the case (from what I've read) which means AMD's in reality are probably lower. This would appear to be the case from some of the power usage comparisons and benchmarks I've seen over the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom