• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS UK Unveils GeForce ‘Trade Up Your Graphics’ Program

Man of Honour
Bit of a publicity stunt with the headline tradein prices given that even a 2080s doesn't fall into the "best" category, and you lose £60 tradein by dropping to the "Better" category. So it is basically saying, if you buy a 2080ti for £££££££££££££, we'll give you an OK price for your old card, otherwise not really.

I guess there may be some niche cases where it is worthwhile for people with the worst cards in each tier, I have an old RX480 floating about and £105 tradein against a midrange card isn't too bad.

Of course, it is heavily dependent on whether you can actually get a good deal on asus cards, given it is limited to selected retailers who will probably not slash their prices over the next month whilst this is running.

Soldato
Yeah this is a complete waste of time for me. I wanted to go 1070 to 2070s.

Was even happy to give Asus my first ever money...I don’t like the stories I hear about them...but the £210 trade in is no good if I have to buy an over priced strix.

In fact by not including a more sensibly priced card I am even less likely to try them in the future.

Probably going to stick with my 1070 until next gen now as I don’t want to risk selling on eBay or basically give my card away on the MM.

Soldato
Yeah this is a complete waste of time for me. I wanted to go 1070 to 2070s.

Was even happy to give Asus my first ever money...I don’t like the stories I hear about them...but the £210 trade in is no good if I have to buy an over priced strix.

In fact by not including a more sensibly priced card I am even less likely to try them in the future.

Probably going to stick with my 1070 until next gen now as I don’t want to risk selling on eBay or basically give my card away on the MM.

Pretty much describes my situation.

Like you, I was prepared to give Asus a go with the 2070S until I found out it wasn't part of the trade in.

Now I'll wait until next year and probably keep my 1070 as a back up.

Associate
A few of the options seem like okay value, but for the best part, it seems like you are losing a lot for the potential convenience (not to mention the silly model requirements). The 1080ti trade-in is just bad, I got double what they are offering when I sold my card myself a couple of months back.

Associate
This deal does seem to be decent as the strix oc 2080ti is now down to less than £1200.

I have a 1080 gtx and assume that as it has no warranty I would get around £200 for it second hand

The cheapest decent 2080 ti seems to be the zotac amp which is around £1060

If I bought the amp and got £200 then I am looking at around £860 extra for the amp

However with the better strix card it will cost me £930 as I get £270 back from Asus

Back
Top Bottom