• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Soldato
I don't think that's the case with desktop AMD Ryzen as the chips are pretty much clocked to the limits of the silicon, the CPU hasn't failed it's just not stable at rated clocks. I would try disabling turbo boost to see if it fixes it.

That's just not gonna be the case. Even more so when it is only PUBG causing problems.

Associate
Just got my system built out, the ram defaulted to a little over 2ghz and the cpu clocks are jumping around very quickly. Even caught a glimpse of 2 cores at 4615.6 whilst idling, nothing was demanding that high a clockspeed but I'm not complaining.
Going to install drivers etc and config the memory

For those of you on Aorus boards, don't install the chipset driver if you have a second install already running. There will be an unnanounced reboot, I think this corrupted my windows, couldn't even make it to safe mode or do a manual mbr bcedit rebuild.

Associate
Voltage showed as 1.38 in Ryzen master. I've changed the voltage in bios to ofset -100mv and lowered LLC. It's now showing 1.425v in ryzen master and drops to 1.38 at load. Temps have dropped to 73c in prime. I still expected better temps though considering it's the Dark rock pro 4 on a measly 3600. Something doesn't seem right

Associate
I’m on Ryzen 5 3600 and I too have noted high temps (90+) with the default settings. I will add further cooling and report back. Are you using Ryzen master to monitor temps ? Do you have PBO enabled ?

Associate
I'm new to this 'Ryzen Master', I want to lower the voltages a bit as it's hitting 1.476 regularly based upon stock. What option/offset can be safely tweaked?

Associate
I'm new to this 'Ryzen Master', I want to lower the voltages a bit as it's hitting 1.476 regularly based upon stock. What option/offset can be safely tweaked?
I've got absolutely no clue about ryzen master myself, I made the changes in the bios
I’m on Ryzen 5 3600 and I too have noted high temps (90+) with the default settings. I will add further cooling and report back. Are you using Ryzen master to monitor temps ? Do you have PBO enabled ?
I'm using ryzen just to monitor as it seems to be the only one that gives accurate temp and clock readings, I didn't enable PBO, is it on by default?

Soldato
Getting in some further testing this morning, 64GB (4x 16GB) of mis-matched RAM works fine, using 2666MHz and 3000MHz RAM all over clocked to 3200MHz. Still messing with timings but it seems reasonably good so far, only C16.

Oh, and Hyper-V / Windows VBS stops you using Ryzen master, annoying.

Soldato
Most of the problems I'm seeing are BIOS related. :(
Hopefully Asus get their s*** together soon and fix all the bugs.

Early adaptors being the beta testers once again.

I've tested 3 boards so far, and not had any issues relating to BIOS, an ASRock B350 ITX, MSI B450 Pro Carbon, and an ASrock X470D4U2-2T (Workstation/Commercial board). What issues are you seeing is it X570?

Soldato
Only one of the games I actually play right now has a built-in benchmark but here's the improvement in numbers so far:

mcccvk.png

Notes:
  • Settings: Vega 56 (see sig) at 1440p Ultra with HD textures, TAA enabled, motion blur off
  • Memory: X5675 = 1600-9-10-9 DDR3, R5 3600 = 3200-16-18-18-36 DDR4
  • What the numbers don't show is that the whole benchmark ran without a single hiccup, which was never the case with the Xeon
CPU benchmarks:

zygk0x.png

Notes:
  • Xeon had all microcode updates and security mitigations enabled

Oh and it now boots to the Windows login screen in 22 seconds instead of 42 seconds. It might be faster than that though, since I think my monitor turning on is the bottleneck. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a bit more time before this morning meetings to mess about with RAM, still not excellent, but getting there. @Plec

QiKHhYC.jpg

Will hopefully have more time this afternoon, might even fetch the system home to tinker with tonight if I am still feeling there's more to be had.
Anything in particular you had to do to get these speeds? My kit won't boot at 3400 MT/s or 3466 MT/s with "safe" timings at 1.35 V. In fact it just gets stuck trying to POST. No error codes but nothing happens for a solid 3 minutes. Have to forcefully power cycle it. :(

So far the best I can do is 3200 MT/s with DRAM Calculator "fast" timings with Geardown Mode enabled. Turning off geardown mode causes it to fail to POST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom