Can I just swap processor

Associate
I have a home build PC, use is for Video Editing.

ASUS P8Z77-V LE motherboard
16GB of RAM, SSD
Currently has a Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHZ not overclocked. With Coolermaster processor cooling

Would I see a significant improvement if I were to change CPU to a i7 9700K 3.6GHz
and would it be a direct swap .... any changes required ?

Associate
OP
Damn ... not what I wanted to here .... but thanks for the confirmation ( and possible wasted money)
Realistically would it be worthwhile changing to i7 3770K, would I see significant improvement ?

Forgot t Add I have an MSI GeForce GTX 560 TI GPU

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am not into gaming, when I built PC the P8Z77-V LE was winner of top Intel mobo for non-gaming.
What board would be a good consideration ... don’t need WiFi.

Associate
OP
Is there somewhere on this forum I could get advice as to what settings I should use to Overclock .... have no experience of this.

Soldato
There's a dedicated overclocking forum https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/overclocking-cooling.7/

Back in the day, there would have been a lot of 3570K overclocking discussion so use the search facility.

If you search the internet in general for 3570K overclocking information there should be loads of hits.

Basically, you'll be looking to increase the multiplier from the default 36 to something in the 40-45 range. How high you can go will depend on your particular CPU. As you go higher you'll get to a point very you need to start adding voltage. Start by trying for a multiplier of 40 (4GHz).

Associate
Back
Top Bottom