Cities: Skylines

Soldato
I can't imagine this game without mods, perhaps just bland? I've got 4000 assets and about 50 mods. On my laptop it takes 15 mins to load the game then a further 5 mins of freezing and jerking until it is set and runs about 20fps. On the desktop with a 1080Ti and 6 core AMD it's only slightly faster but playable on both. I'm hoping the game has a lot of integration of current mods as thing like Move It should be integral to the game and not an addition.

You're just an asset junkie :D

As yet I have around 2,000 assets, but having just gone to 32GB of RAM they're is now room for one or two more.

15 minutes to load, good grief I get impatient when it takes nearly 2.!

Soldato
I've bought the Campus DLC, havent used the features yet but to my surprise I have not needed to disable or remove any mods, my save game works and there isn't really any issues what so ever that's you'd expect with a new DLC!

Soldato
I ended up buying it as well, even tho I was't enthused about its content. IIRC I got around 20% off the bundle which includes the radio stations and the stack load of buildings and houses etc as well.
I only fired the game up, not played it yet, and it seems quite a few top mods have already been adapted to the new patch.

Kinda busy playing Life is Feudal Forest Village, relaxing and somewhat compelling. With mods of course, lol.

Soldato
All of them. bought when on discount.
Looking at the hours that I've played this game it has been very cheap entertainment. So I do not have any worries about buying content for it.
I didn't bother with the Jazz radio, not a fan of Jazz.

Soldato
Traffic is doing my head in, I'm trying to build a nice city but as soon as I use a bus network it just cripples my city, I think I'm going to need a dedicated bus only route as bus stops cripple, and I could use laybys but I don't like them separating the road like a junction. Also I found that I had to put some underground highways to divert a lot of traffic. I don't think it's really possible to get a realistic looking city with good traffic unless you employ use of lots of underground highways because the traffic doesn't follow principles of real life.

Soldato
^^^^^ They love buses, but also like the Metro. I tend to route the buses on side roads etc and not the main ones - they only jam up traffic otherwise when they pull in at stops. At least place the stops off the main roads, unless they have a dedicated bus lane.

Soldato
Has anyone watched these monthly videos released from CS featuring some of the modders or content creators who play the game....

pretty amazing watching those five, so far, videos. The first is about a guy who is creating a 1:1 scale city of Berlin....! :eek:

Soldato
^^^^^ Know what you mean :(

The rest in that series are pretty good as well.

Just shows the commitment that CO and Paradox place on the strength and contribution of the modding and asset creators to make such videos, kudos to them.

Some other games developers and companies would do well to follow their example.

Soldato
Got my birthday coming up and family asking what I want, like I know that lol

But did think about Steam vouchers, but what DLC is worth getting for Skylines? I think I have Afterdark and thats is

Kimbie

Man of Honour
@Nikumba like all paradox games, this applies to cities skylines:

L9GBWdG.png

not to say that the base game isn't playable - it is (in the same way that one can eat burger buns on their own)

the DLCs add more flavour to the game, so to get the best experience you'd have to plump for all of them. i would say snow fall and mass transit are the most important ones.
natural disasters if you want to trash your city
park life and green cities are okay
i don't own industries or campus yet, so can't really say...

concerts isn't worth the money. avoid.

what i have to add though...is only to buy them when on offer. i wouldn't recommend buying these full price.

Soldato
Still playing this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/comments/d8lkmc/traffic_is_hard_work/

In the process of building this new city based on Oslo map. Currently updated from the pic on reddit, now got a victorian style section to the left and lots of trees on the intersection and a skatepark / park on each side under the overpass, plenty of paths for peds as well and a new piece of flats and trees north of the intersection near the school;.

Caporegime
Still playing this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/comments/d8lkmc/traffic_is_hard_work/

In the process of building this new city based on Oslo map. Currently updated from the pic on reddit, now got a victorian style section to the left and lots of trees on the intersection and a skatepark / park on each side under the overpass, plenty of paths for peds as well and a new piece of flats and trees north of the intersection near the school;.

Noiiiiice

I end up losing how I plan things and just make lots of buildings :p

Need to get back on it actually, loaded on my laptop but it runs like damp dog.

Soldato
Noiiiiice

I end up losing how I plan things and just make lots of buildings :p

Need to get back on it actually, loaded on my laptop but it runs like damp dog.

Even on my rig in sig it runs like dog, 4800 assets. Added about 3 the other day and it took me 35 mins to load the game and run at 0fps lol, dunno what dodgy asset it was but removed them back to about 15 mins loading time. Is playable on my laptop but I have to fly through the city to get it loaded and takes about 30 mins till I can actually start building lol.

Soldato
I have actually just picked this up again. Finally got into the Traffic Management mod to try and sort out a few of the problem junctions. I'm a Transport Planner so signal cycles and phasing comes naturally to me!

I built a new city from scratch, currently at 25k population I think.

Back
Top Bottom