• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Soldato
Noticed after all my testing with the 3900x is to leave it on auto up the ram to 3600 14-13-13-22 and set precision boost to +200.This works a treat games are boosting between 4.3 to 4.5.

I now hvae these options on my x370 board. I've just left it all on auto but will also try adding +200 to PBO. I assume the mobo will handle stability?

Associate
Soldato
What type of PSU's you guys using. Im in the middle of choosing right now but im unsure. Imm starting off with a 3800x 1080ti which will be upgraded to a 3950x 2080ti when i fully swap over my current rig.

Was thinking something like this maybe

FOCUS PLUS 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-06e-ss.html

Or maybe 850 platinum better?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-05w-ss.html

Running a EVGA GQ 750w 80+ Gold on my 3900x/1080Ti machine.

Running it in Eco mode and tbh I can't every tell if the fan is spinning up or not.

Soldato
What type of PSU's you guys using. Im in the middle of choosing right now but im unsure. Imm starting off with a 3800x 1080ti which will be upgraded to a 3950x 2080ti when i fully swap over my current rig.

Was thinking something like this maybe

FOCUS PLUS 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-06e-ss.html

Or maybe 850 platinum better?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-05w-ss.html

850w plenty good enough. I have a Superflower 750w, I don't think the fan ever even comes in on it with a 3900x and GTX1080.

Soldato
I’m still using my trusty Corsair HX620 modular PSU that I must have owned for a good 7 or 8 years; hasn’t missed a beat.

With regards to RAM timings I got my 3466 set up with a slight bump in voltage (1.37) and haven’t tried lowering it yet.

Associate
The stock f2 bios and f4 bios on the Aorus pro both juice the chip with volts, they use nearly 1.5 half the time. The chip is perfectly stable with a manual 1.35

Using the stock cooler on the 3900x reaches about 65c, idle is 40c.

Soldato
The stock f2 bios and f4 bios on the Aorus pro both juice the chip with volts, they use nearly 1.5 half the time. The chip is perfectly stable with a manual 1.35

Using the stock cooler on the 3900x reaches about 65c, idle is 40c.

I read manual voltage will limit your single core boost. 1.45v is perfectly normal too on light loads.

Associate
eVKkoyp.png

2x16GB
also regarding idle vcore, I have read that this is normal, but problem is that at least for me it never downclocks to 1V or so if using ryzen power plans... as it should definitely do at least on balanced plan...

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine built last night and all seems well. Seems a little hot at idle (mid to late 40's) but seems like the default voltage is too high?

Happily windows booted straight up from my old build with minimal fuss so hopefully no issues and a clean install wont be required.

Associate
Power supplied ordered. Now just need to figure out ram... any recommendations? I can start with 16 but definitely need 32gig.

I got a spare kraken x62 so be interesting to see what temps this gives me compared to my 7940x

Soldato
2x16GB
also regarding idle core, I have read that this is normal, but problem is that at least for me it never downclocks to 1V or so if using ryzen power plans... as it should definitely do at least on balanced plan...

I think it's down to the reporting. On normal windows plan it's 15ms response time so shows the downclock and lower voltage. Due to ryzen power plan being new and for 3000 series, it's 1ms response time is meaning reporting software constantly showing higher than idle voltage as if there's always some load when there isn't. At least that's how I read into it. You should find on new patched software (shortly) the reporting is correct without changing anything in bios.

Soldato
also regarding idle core, I have read that this is normal, but problem is that at least for me it never downclocks to 1V or so if using ryzen power plans... as it should definitely do at least on balanced plan...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

AMD explained this in the post above, There is an observer effect at the moment with some programs. Latest chipset drivers, bios and May 2019 windows 10 update, you should be below 1v on the ryzen plan when idling. The image in the link there shows a 3900 at 0.384v

Associate
Hey guys, thinking of purchasing the following to finally upgrade my X58 platform, any suggestions, alterations etc? Gone for the MSI board as the fan looks like it's in a better position than most and wont be obscured by the GPU. I will be pairing with 2080ti and used mainly for gaming on 4K OLED.

My PSU is now 10yrs old (750w BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 7), worth changing as well, any suggestions?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,129.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
Hey guys, thinking of purchasing the following to finally upgrade my X58 platform, any suggestions, alterations etc? Gone for the MSI board as the fan looks like it's in a better position than most and wont be obscured by the GPU. I will be pairing with 2080ti and used mainly for gaming on 4K OLED.

My PSU is now 10yrs old (750w BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 7), worth changing as well, any suggestions?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,129.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)

See if you can qualify on this.

https://www.msi.com/Promotion/I-Love-You-3000-AMD/

Back
Top Bottom