Would you create a youtube vlogging channel?

Associate
No, my life isn't interesting enough.

'Hi guys, so today I went to work, got home and had dinner and then played some video games. Don't forget to smash that like button'

Omg that really grinds my gears when they say "Don't forget to SCHMASH that like button!!". I'm looking at you, Safiya. (The wife watches her so I hear it all the time lol)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fun to do. Learn new skills. Maybe leads you to do things you might not have done before. Possible extra income.

So, why would you not set up a YouTube vlog? :)
Enormously time consuming would be one of the main points for me. I used to do video production as part of my previous job, it's a real time swallower.

Caporegime
6 years ago I did this :eek:

Never really took off, like 99.9999% of the folks trying to do this I was expecting to upload a video and head straight to the Lambo dealer to buy a pimped out ride, when in reality after doing it for about 6 months I couldn't even afford a crappy old E46 M3, never mind a lambo. I did it because my lifestyle suited it perfectly at the time (working nights, so home alone all day, no wife nagging in the background). I've since got a proper job, my balls have dropped and I even did a sex once, so I now record short clips with the intention of creating some phat montage for the cool cats, then opening the fridge, grabbing a beer and oh look a butterfly.

Soldato
I have seen it seriously mess up some people that have done it and then after it has taken off and they make a living from it they feel like they can't stop. I used to watch a girl called katers17 when she started up a vlogging channel that was documenting every day of her life and her move from the UK to the US. You could see it was taking a toll big time, but as it was her main source of income and she was now in a new country having to live on her own for the first time, she couldn't really give it up. So you could see her cracking more and more, until she ended up shaving her hair off and going totally insane. Deleted all her channels and was apparently found at another Youtubers (Tobuscus) (who she also a long time after accused of raping her) sitting on the floor chanting and acting weird.

She quit vlogging and now I think she has a normal job and seems to be doing well for herself. It's a shame as she was really entertaining to watch and seeing someone create a new life in the US from the UK and seeing how different life is in California was very interesting to me. I'm not keen on most US vloggers, where it all seems fake and over the top.

Soldato
I have seen it seriously mess up some people that have done it and then after it has taken off and they make a living from it they feel like they can't stop. I used to watch a girl called katers17 when she started up a vlogging channel that was documenting every day of her life and her move from the UK to the US. You could see it was taking a toll big time, but as it was her main source of income and she was now in a new country having to live on her own for the first time, she couldn't really give it up. So you could see her cracking more and more, until she ended up shaving her hair off and going totally insane. Deleted all her channels and was apparently found at another Youtubers (Tobuscus) (who she also a long time after accused of raping her) sitting on the floor chanting and acting weird.

She quit vlogging and now I think she has a normal job and seems to be doing well for herself. It's a shame as she was really entertaining to watch and seeing someone create a new life in the US from the UK and seeing how different life is in California was very interesting to me. I'm not keen on most US vloggers, where it all seems fake and over the top.

I used to watch all her videos and Corys too, such a shame it all went wrong for her. I still hum the theme tune quite often for whatever reason!

Soldato
Nah, either way its a lose lose for me.

If its successful, the money is nice, but I wouldn't want to be in the public eye. Having 100k people watching a video of mine and critiquing it does not appeal to me in the slightly.

If its unsuccessful you've got the financial outlay, then all the time and effort spend, all to have 3 people watch a video you've spend hours on?

No thanks.

Soldato
I used to watch all her videos and Corys too, such a shame it all went wrong for her. I still hum the theme tune quite often for whatever reason!
Ha same! I think Cory still vlogs under a different name and now has a kid. He moved to Alaska for a while, which was interesting to see, but it's just not the same without Kate and i found his vlogs pretty boring now.

I used to look forward to her vlogs every day as I have always been fascinated with America and would love to move there one day, so it was really interesting to see her adventure unfold. I think a big part of her issues was to do with Toby Turner and the rest of the Hollywood/Youtuber types she was trying to mix with. if her claims that he drugged and raped her are true then it's no wonder she went off the rails. That plus Cory and her breaking up and having no real friends or family around her for support must have been horrible. It's not like you can whip out a camera and start vlogging in that situation.

Soldato
6 years ago I did this :eek:

Never really took off, like 99.9999% of the folks trying to do this I was expecting to upload a video and head straight to the Lambo dealer to buy a pimped out ride, when in reality after doing it for about 6 months I couldn't even afford a crappy old E46 M3, never mind a lambo. I did it because my lifestyle suited it perfectly at the time (working nights, so home alone all day, no wife nagging in the background). I've since got a proper job, my balls have dropped and I even did a sex once, so I now record short clips with the intention of creating some phat montage for the cool cats, then opening the fridge, grabbing a beer and oh look a butterfly.

Sub'd. :D jk, I don't sub.

Soldato
I value my privacy, wouldn't want my face on camera. The problem is that you need your face on camera these days.

Would love to start a YouTube channel to do with cars without showing myself but having spoken to a couple of UK based car YouTubers it's just a money pit. It's not like in the USA where land is cheap, can park 5 cars etc do a Goonzsquad type of channel

Back
Top Bottom