Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Exactly, it's surprising people still don't grasp how the transfer market works.

What I do find a bit strange is why we're trying to sign players mostly from Premier League teams - they are going to hold out for much higher prices than clubs abroad will.

I guess it's because the club don't have to worry about them not liking the UK - either the culture or the weather - and they won't have to adjust to the league, just the new team. Also they will presumably already know the language, so there's that too.

Soldato
Whereas look at his stats for this season, won more aerial duels (as a %) than anyone else in the entire league and 2nd highest successful dribble percentage from any central defender. Being good on the ball isn't just about pass completion, it's retaining the ball, control, moving out with it etc of which he has shown he's more than capable this season.

Did he have the best World Cup? No he didn't, but Sterling had a shocker a couple of competitions ago and look at him now. Messi has had bad International competitions, it doesn't make him a bad player.
He's not going to dribble all the way up the pitch and score, so at some point he has to pass it, which he's bang average at

Soldato
If there's anything in the Savic rumours then to me it suggests Pogba might be on his way out. The two seem like quite similar players, I see Savic as the direct replacement for Pogba rather than a midfield partner.

Don
How much have Real spent this summer? If they wanted him or at least valued him enough, they could have afforded him. This was always going to be the issue with Pogba, because of the way he initially left Utd and then the money Utd have spent to sign him back, there's no chance they're going to let him go at the sort of figure that most sides would value him at. The last thing Utd want would be for him to go to Real and kick on and become the player he should be so unless Real come up with a huge fee, something his performances haven't justified, then I can't see Utd selling. How he and his agent will react to that is going to be interesting to see.

Caporegime
How much have Real spent this summer? If they wanted him or at least valued him enough, they could have afforded him. This was always going to be the issue with Pogba, because of the way he initially left Utd and then the money Utd have spent to sign him back, there's no chance they're going to let him go at the sort of figure that most sides would value him at. The last thing Utd want would be for him to go to Real and kick on and become the player he should be so unless Real come up with a huge fee, something his performances haven't justified, then I can't see Utd selling. How he and his agent will react to that is going to be interesting to see.

OGS has said he's been the consummate professional at the club and has reported to pre-season training and worked hard. Fair enough he's told his agent he wants a move but that's up to United.

Soldato

Ooof - Never a dull moment at Arsenal FC!

I read this morning Arsenal are/or are preparing a deal for £40m and 3 players for Zaha.

I don't think we're interested in any players - Personally, I think it will take Zaha to throw in a transfer request for this deal to be completed - Which is definitely not off the table, and I half expect it to happen when he back from the Cup...

Don
OGS has said he's been the consummate professional at the club and has reported to pre-season training and worked hard. Fair enough he's told his agent he wants a move but that's up to United.
Utd can't and won't say anything other than that, whether it's true or not. He's not just told his agent, he also publicly told the press he wants to leave too.

Soldato
Ooof - Never a dull moment at Arsenal FC!

I read this morning Arsenal are/or are preparing a deal for £40m and 3 players for Zaha.

I don't think we're interested in any players - Personally, I think it will take Zaha to throw in a transfer request for this deal to be completed - Which is definitely not off the table, and I half expect it to happen when he back from the Cup...

We have half a team of players we can't give away! Such a shambles of a club.

Soldato
We have half a team of players we can't give away! Such a shambles of a club.

Yep and we can't even seem to get a deal done for anyone we are linked with, we bid for Tierney it got rejected, Celtic seem to have made it clear his price, so why are Arsenal not coughing up the 25m to get him already, a position we need to strengthen with the ageing Monreal. Celtic even got a new left back in the time we have been messing about.

Caporegime
Utd can't and won't say anything other than that, whether it's true or not. He's not just told his agent, he also publicly told the press he wants to leave too.

He is a silly bugger though. He should have announced it before the end of the season. Now he is in the position where no one can afford him as all the big clubs have already done/got in place their big deals and United will not even entertain anything below 100 mil for him.

It's the same with inter. They cannot afford Lukaku and we will not let him go for peanuts even though I am happy for both to leave.

Soldato
Wow, Villa being a bit lively this window!

Douglas Luiz seemingly the latest one in (though not quite confirmed yet).

I can't even remember all our new signings. Plus strong links it seems with a few more.

We defintiely needed them, mind.

Here's hoping they're more effective acquisitions than all of those signed during Timbo's last summer...

Back
Top Bottom