Vodafone Fiber 900meg???

Soldato
I can see that cable getting destroyed when the driveway is redone. The wobbly line will not help matters either...

I'm guessing they would surface mount my connection as I've got block paving...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I can see that cable getting destroyed when the driveway is redone. The wobbly line will not help matters either...

I'm guessing they would surface mount my connection as I've got block paving...

It's easier enough to dig up and workaround, unless the person doing it is careless.

Soldato
I've had mine since January, installation was quite easy because I have a gravel drive. 900/900, downloads 50GB games in under 10 minutes. Running cat 7 cable from route to my Mac to unlock the max speed. On Wifi most devices get around 300-400Mbps

This is a photo I took while they were laying the cable. It will be interesting when I get the drive block paved, will need to be careful.

n9TqCpQ.jpg

That's pretty very poor job of this. The cable look very thin and no duct pipe to protect it?

Associate
How are people who have this finding it? Are the speeds as advertised and any connection/drop out issues? Have you been able to use your own router or is the Vodafone one adequate?

Currently due switch to it on the 19th but getting cold feet at the possibility of having to deal with Vodafone. Half tempted to stick with plusnet who I’ve been more than happy with if I can get them to drop their price back down to new customer levels.

Associate
How are people who have this finding it? Are the speeds as advertised and any connection/drop out issues? Have you been able to use your own router or is the Vodafone one adequate?

Currently due switch to it on the 19th but getting cold feet at the possibility of having to deal with Vodafone. Half tempted to stick with plusnet who I’ve been more than happy with if I can get them to drop their price back down to new customer levels.

What package did you sign up for with Vodafone?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mines been rock solid on the 900 package. Speed tests show about mid 800s up and download. I’ve seen over 1Gbps down on some game downloads.

Caporegime
I'm looking at the 500mbps package, as I've no real need for 900mbps if I'm being honest with myself, and the cabinet is literally right outside my front door. Goes live on Dec the first, can't wait!

Will save myself £20/month from BT.

Soldato
That's the package I plan to go for, just have to patiently wait as they laid the groundwork fibre a couple of years back near to my house. We run guest WiFi for a 2-3 thousand active users comfortably on 500MB.

Soldato
How are those with the Vodafone CityFiber finding it?

It's now available in my street, and for some reason the Vodafone website is advertising the 500Mbps at £28 (same price as the 100Mbps). I'm currently paying almost £40 for PlusNet with line rental so thinking to switch.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
How are those with the Vodafone CityFiber finding it?

It's now available in my street, and for some reason the Vodafone website is advertising the 500Mbps at £28 (same price as the 100Mbps). I'm currently paying almost £40 for PlusNet with line rental so thinking to switch.
Had zero issues since I joined up in January.

Soldato
They're rolling out in Liverpool, partnered with OpenReach rather than City Fibre. I've got my fingers and toes crossed it's not just going to be a city centre thing. I'd give my right plumb for proper FTTP.

Caporegime
If it's Openreach then it will be an asymmetric service and possibly top out at 330Mbps, depending on how Vodafone handle it.

Soldato
If it's Openreach then it will be an asymmetric service and possibly top out at 330Mbps, depending on how Vodafone handle it.

According to the press release it's the same 900/900 Gigafast as everywhere else.

Press release said:
Vodafone is expanding its Gigafast Broadband roll-out to bring full fibre services to many more consumers and small businesses in the UK after striking a new commercial deal with Openreach, the country’s largest network infrastructure provider.
With speeds of up to 900Mbps, Vodafone Gigafast Broadband gives users download speeds 20 times faster and upload speeds 150 times faster than the average home broadband connection in the UK. For example, this will allow the whole family to stream their favourite films, play online games or upload videos and photos across multiple devices with almost no time lag or buffering – all at the same time.
From spring 2020, Vodafone will start making Vodafone Gigafast Broadband available to customers in Birmingham, Bristol and Liverpool on the Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) network that Openreach is building. The service will grow as Openreach expands its footprint and will be available to 500,000 premises in these locations by mid-2021 under phase one of this strategic agreement with Openreach. The agreement includes the option for further phases that could extend coverage to other places.
... etc...

Caporegime
That's interesting, every indication so far has been that symmetrical services are going to be a business-oriented product priced between normal FTTP and ethernet. Obviously something has changed if Vodafone are considering it for their consumer service.

Back
Top Bottom