• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
300W I believe pushing it too much. Undervolting we need and using Wattman not MSI AB which is not fully compatible with Navi yet.

FYI. Just adding 0.70mm - 1mm washers, without even moving the cooler, could improve thermals, let alone replace the graphite pad with Kryonaut. (on Steve's example uses Hydronaut).
Apparently seems is the vapour chamber that isn't flat. :/

Unwinder's got a Navi due soon.
I don't rate Wattman at all.

Undervolting is only a "thing" because of AMD's crap settings/stock set up.

300W on a morpheus cooler should be easy, it's apparently capable for 360W.
So far every set of results I've seen has had 5700XT's maxing out at ~250W at ~2.1GHZ.
Should be able to push it that extra few percent at 300W.

Soldato

So far every set of results I've seen has had 5700XT's maxing out at ~250W at ~2.1GHZ.

Unfortunately I need a set of thermal pads and heatsinks to test the Morpheus 2 on the 5700XT AE (when ever AMD bothers to send it), because I will keep the Morpheus II on the Vega 64 as backup card, so I do not want to rip it apart.

Soldato
Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Actual product on EK's web shop.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rgb-nickel-acetal

So no dent, no pinstriping, no inset Radeon logo. Just yet another plain black boring EK acetal block.

From what I read the pic on the EK store is of the prototype and the actual shipping block is meant to be like the promo image *shrug*

EDIT:
Saying that however the EK news article about the blocks has the plain one shown also, very misleading then if it doesn't look like the promo pic!

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-vector...tweet&utm_content=ek-vector-radeon-rx-5700-pr

Soldato
Confusion
Oh I know :( confusing to say the least, and disappointing.

that being said, EK have only just released their Quantum design language (read: adding a glowy bit of acrylic to the exact same acetal or acrylic cover plates as they've always used) so I would be surprised if they deviated from that purely for the 5700 series.

But damn do I like that inset Radeon logo.

Soldato

Just a reminder for those that did not own a GTX1080. Underclocking the card freed up power inside the power limit and could
give you better sustained boost clocks.

Without using a hardware shunt mod, going above a 120% power limit was not possible, even with the top tier cards with some very limited exceptions. i.e HOF with NDA bios that only a handful of people had access to

This is why it is likely that whilst BIOSes will be flashable and voltage tweakable, the powerlimit will be only changeable via hardware on the FE cards. i.e you probably won’t see 300W draw without a shunt mod.

Soldato
Just a reminder for those that did not own a GTX1080. Underclocking the card freed up power inside the power limit and could
give you better sustained boost clocks.

Without using a hardware shunt mod, going above a 120% power limit was not possible, even with the top tier cards with some very limited exceptions. i.e HOF with NDA bios that only a handful of people had access to

This is why it is likely that whilst BIOSes will be flashable and voltage tweakable, the powerlimit will be only changeable via hardware on the FE cards. i.e you probably won’t see 300W draw without a shunt mod.

Actually Pascal cards worked wonders if you bother to set the values through the boost curve. I had my 1080 at 2190 Mhz :D
Idk about Turing didn't had any card to play with the new boost curve.

Soldato
Something interesting, not sure how true these are since im just reposting from another post on another site.

NVM it was TomsHW - DE, made a thread about it.

60e1ed8a3bd441e31d29d8129d3dc952cc94e3a454ad6dc1c21662ddac828d0c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@Martini1991 Navi supports soft tables....... huhuhuh :D
Look how stable the clocks were on the 2200 range with the soft tables compared to brute force!!!!!! Thats 25% overclock from the Game Clock (up to 1755Mhz)..... And still the guy uses MSI AB which is flaky with no support for Navi yet. 25%!!!!!!!!!!!

I do wonder how my AE would perform under water..... :confused:
Let alone would it beat the 2080, which cost double the price, since on the above video is breathing heavily on it's neck.

What kind of monstrosity the 5800XT could be?

Last edited:
Soldato
Idk why Igor decided to bench 1080p, it's so dumb because the results always end up overselling the performance compared to the gains at 4K. Bleah, need some real benches.

Soldato
Thats a huge difference between 4k and Dynamically Low Stupid Sampling..
:D

Not sure you can get too much from that given they are entirely different frames.
Did you watch the video? The 1 frame difference between 5700XT, 4K native and 4K DLSS isn't the issue here. The Tiger details would remain the same regardless except if it was on a completely different place with completely different lighting. Which isn't.

Back
Top Bottom