Ships under attack in the middle east

Soldato
We need more information really on this aspect - it is unclear what actually happened.

I managed to find some more info, it seems they were performing an off port limits

https://www.gibraltarport.com/off-port-limits

Ships transiting the Strait of Gibraltar, but not wishing to come off charter or leave international waters, can take advantage of the significant off-port limit operations undertaken by local companies. These services include receiving stores, spares, provisions and even a change of crew while still offshore, thus avoiding the time and expense of putting into the Port.

For crew changes the immigration formalities are strict, but with a minimum of fuss to help make crew changes as fast and efficient as possible. Personnel joining ships do not require visas and can board or leave vessels at one of the designated off-port-limits areas - a key consideration for ship managers.

Crew or spare parts can be transferred quickly through the nearby Gibraltar Airport located just a few minutes from the Port, with daily flights to and from various UK destinations.

OPL%20Operations%20Diagram.jpg

Still doesn't answer the question of where the ship was when it was initially boarded though or whether entering territorial waters to perform it (in the case of point A) waves rights to Transit passage

However, the track of the ship seems to suggest it was heading to point A, Iran aren't mentioning anything about Transit passage so it would seem the seizure was legal bordering on grey, it's just a shame more details on the actual seizure haven't been released to clear things up entirely

And no surprises to Iran being naughty in the Hormuz now

Caporegime
As already pointed out previously the Spanish were monitoring this too as it happened in disputed waters i.e. Gibraltar's waters - thus them having a little grumble about it.

Soldato
While hypersonic missiles are designed to minimise the reaction time reducing the chance of an intercept you don't need a hypersonic missile to counter a hypersonic missile - if it is coming at you you just need enough time to position an counter into an intercept infront of its position. (Or alternatively make use of directed energy weapons though that is largely experimental at this time).

But again Iran doesn't have these and no one that does seems to have a reliable one at the kind of hypersonic speeds that would be beyond the capabilities of current defences.

Or you can simply change course and a hypersonic missile will likely miss. They are a willy waving exercise by Russia, not much more.

With ship missiles the guidence systems arent activated until the last second. If the ship has moved it wont have time to correct course. These is a reason the US isnt bothering with hypersonic and is still investing in "slow" ones.

Soldato
I may have missed some wider context with EvilSootys rantings, but that in isolation hardly seems an anti-semitic comment?

I dramatised of course, but their ramblings, in more than one thread, follow the same theme: break down in discourse; disinformation; and a clear anti-semetic tone.

The poster in question is only intent on pushing an agenda, much like their heroes on the syriapropagandamedia.org Web page. I'm less interested in any kind of intellectual exchange with them (that's evidently never going to be achieved), just more for mockery of the blatant agenda pushing and misinformation.

Soldato
I just don't believe this new development happened yet, I haven't seen any evidence apart from flashy BBC news article(which contained no actual evidence). Iran hasn't attacked anyone for 40? years, they have been provoked by the US, Israel and the UK(probably many others that I don't know of).

It seems like we are gearing up for another conflict, this time Iran is the target or should I say its oil. Iraq and Libya must be running low, and also Israel wants Iran bombed back into the stone age for the audacity of attempting to defend itself, Ironically from Israel - who is the main aggressor in the middle east.

Caporegime
Iran hasn't attacked anyone for 40? years

Well that is dubious, they seemingly attacked some oil tankers not so long ago not to mention have been directly involved in Syria & Iraq and have supported/funded terror groups for quite some time now.

But that aside, what does that have to do with anything relating to this current incident, the claim isn't that they attacked a British oil tanker but rather than they were attempting to divert and then seize one.

Soldato
I just don't believe this new development happened yet, I haven't seen any evidence apart from flashy BBC news article(which contained no actual evidence). Iran hasn't attacked anyone for 40? years, they have been provoked by the US, Israel and the UK(probably many others that I don't know of).

It seems like we are gearing up for another conflict, this time Iran is the target or should I say its oil. Iraq and Libya must be running low, and also Israel wants Iran bombed back into the stone age for the audacity of attempting to defend itself, Ironically from Israel - who is the main aggressor in the middle east.
I'm sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, it happened.

Iraq and Libya running low? It's alright Saudis have loads.

Caporegime
Hey look guys, strider posted more rubbish!

What was the nationality of those who committed 9/11, and what religious Sect/ideology were they from? What Sect is the Saudi religious authoritarianism currently pushing globally with money made off of the oil sales? What sect were ISIS from, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab?

Rubbish indeed :), Saudi backed terrorists have killed thousands of US and European troops and civilians, and currently zero from Iranian back terrorists as far as i'm aware, and if they did it was at a minuscule level in comparison.

Caporegime
What was the nationality of those who committed 9/11, and what religious Sect/ideology were they from? What Sect is the Saudi religious authoritarianism currently pushing globally with money made off of the oil sales? What sect were ISIS from, Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab?

Rubbish indeed :), Saudi backed terrorists have killed thousands of US and European troops and civilians, and currently zero from Iranian back terrorists as far as i'm aware, and if they did it was at a minuscule level in comparison.

You're American?

Soldato

Iran has been funding terrorist groups forever. It's pretty much a terrorist regime.

Like Russia, they break international law in broad daylight and then lie about it. Thinking people actually believe them.

Soldato
Iran has been funding terrorist groups forever.

So have we, the UK and the USA

they break international law in broad daylight and then lie about it. Thinking people actually believe them.

You think we don't do that? That's what I think is going on right now, there are definitely some shenanigans going on at the moment.

If you don't just go and read all the Pinochet papaers that have just been released - they will open your eyes as to what the UK, on it's own, will do!

Caporegime
You'd complain if we did anything and call the government war mongerers and cite it as an illegal war

Definitely not, i want the regime ended by any means necessary as it directly affects us. This is one conflict i wholeheartedly endorse.

Far too many stories of Saudi's escaping justice in the west when they've committed a crime (usually very serious - murder/rape) only to seemingly flee back home with zero repercussions.

Soldato
So have we, the UK and the USA

You think we don't do that? That's what I think is going on right now, there are definitely some shenanigans going on at the moment.

If you don't just go and read all the Pinochet papaers that have just been released - they will open your eyes as to what the UK, on it's own, will do!

No, when the UK messes up we admit it. Countries like Iran and Russia just continue the lie, even when everyone knows they are lying. Like the fact Russia is currently invading Ukraine and Georgia, everyone knows it, but they still deny it.

Soldato
No, when the UK messes up we admit it. Countries like Iran and Russia just continue the lie, even when everyone knows they are lying. Like the fact Russia is currently invading Ukraine and Georgia, everyone knows it, but they still deny it.

All governments lie we can definitely agree on that, what I was trying to get across is that we are not being told the truth about what is going on if anything. This has been going on for weeks, with the ship attacked by Iran with mines, that the captain of the ship said that was a low flying missile.. Then the evidence with the small gunboat up the side of the ship, taking off a mine oddly, and that video was altered - they initially showed it as a night vision video, then in the next video was day time - the exact same shot! So the daytime shot was altered/doctored to make it look like a night-time/dawn operation when it was during the day.

Then we had the US drone shot down, that was fine it was in Irans' airspace.

Now we've had a couple of instances where the UK say something happened with tankers and Iran say nothing at all happened with those tankers - it ALL sounds too fishy.

I've gone from a person that thinks the world of their country, we couldn't possibly be the bad guys in ANY conflict/situation, to a person that is VERY skeptical. Especially now that I've seen 4 wars/invasions that have ALL been started with very iffy evidence that turned out wrong.. Too late after the event to go back and say sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people that died - our mistake, sucks to be you..

I was going to go into Ukraine and Georgia but it would be too long, suffice to day that the US was behind both, Russia saw Georgia coming but not Ukraine - or was too late to stop it. Their are very good reasons but Russia doesn't want the US closer to their boarder, they, Russia/US shook hands on it but didn't sign anything, so it meant nothing to US to not abide by the handshake - not that a treaty will help as Iran just found out. I'll leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom