Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Thinking about getting a 120l Jewel Lido (unless any other suggestions for the money) but wondering what substrate to use, is it worth using aquasoil topped off with gravel?

You dont need to have anything on top of soil, carpet plants will cover it. Or if you dont want soil play sand is cheap, which is what I used :)

Soldato
Aqua soil is also very light, something like sand may sink through as it gets stirred up by fish or water changes.

You only need to cap it is you are ‘dirting’ the tank.

Associate
Looking for an auto feeder what do you guys use?
I need one that sits on the top of the lid as there is a hole.
Looking at the Juwel easy feed l, anyone use that? I’d have to make my hole a little larger for the tray to fit in but looks neater than most.

Associate
i used the Eheim Automatic Everyday Fish Feeder one every day for 3 years only stopped using it because the new tank lid has no feeding hole, need too mod the lid at some point. it can sit on the top or be mounted too the side of the tank glass with an supplied attachment, if you ever went for a open tank.

Last edited:
Soldato
which one?

Just brought home a bird of paradise hystrix (birds nest) and a small green monti plate and small red to add to my tank from AAC

The hystrix is showing full pe already, my parameters are very close to the store so guess its almost like being at home!

Will try to get some kind of pic in a bit

Soldato
Black cabinet. You can see my PC in one of the pics. :D

Nice!! Your parameters must be spot on, AAC don't mess about. I keep meaning to take a drive up there sometime. Is Paul in there much?

Back
Top Bottom