• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 56 Pulse Crashing

Associate
I've had this card for a month and it keeps crashing - the screen goes completely black(or some other colour) and the system needs to be rebooted to regain a picture. Sometimes it'll crash every one to two days, other times it is stable for almost a week. I don't play games, it is crashing while under low load productivity usage(it drives two 4K displays, one display port one HDMI).

I have a 1000 watt Corsair power supply and have dual cables supplying the Vega, I am using the latest 19.5.2 drivers under Windows 10. Are there any preferred drivers I should be using?

I bought the card from Overclockers - can I ask for a refund(my preference) or is my only option to have the card sent back to Sapphire for a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Hmm mine does that too. I put it down to drivers

I can play for days without issue then all of a sudden it loses monitor signal but recovers itself without the need of a reboot.

I just get the message that w"restored to original settings due to system failure" they already where at original setting.

Associate
Good call Snot Shot, Do a DDU clear out and try the last of the 18.xx drivers aswell and see if it's stable, You've nothing to loose.

Associate
@philip2009 what did you end up doing with your Vega 56?
Mine keeps crashing every other boot now - just during web browsing/non gaming use.
I have even reinstalled windows and the issue is still there.
No problems once in a game - just makes no sense at all

Soldato
Cards should not crash, @ stock, no matter what drivers you have installed. If this is happening over multiple drivers then I would guess it to be some sort of hardware fault, start an RMA and get it swapped for a different one.

It's a good shout, to try DDU, as a last ditch effort as I know it has helped a few, but if not RMA it.

Soldato
Use the older driver, mine went all funny with latest driver too, though if it's still buggered with older driver then RMA

Associate
OP
@philip2009 what did you end up doing with your Vega 56?
Mine keeps crashing every other boot now - just during web browsing/non gaming use.
I have even reinstalled windows and the issue is still there.
No problems once in a game - just makes no sense at all

I returned the card and got a refund, reliable display hardware/software is so fundamental to using computers that I have practically zero tolerance for crashes.

Associate
thanks for letting me know. Mine has gotten more frequent now! almost every other boot. Going to RMA it. hope its a painless process - never had to rma anything.

Back
Top Bottom