Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Yeah, he was always in there around 4 years ago, his enthusiasm is unmatched in the industry, the guy can talk forever! I think he just does the installations now.

I'll go soon, probably on a Sunday when there's less traffic.

Soldato
Tried to take a pic of new corals but the iphone just hates my tank lights. Espically now ive upped the intensity.

Will have to try tomorrow when its not on its blueish evening cycle.

You decided what your gonna do with your tabk
@rebel rebel

Soldato
As of now I would start with a pair of clownfish and some Duncan LPS.

I would like to see if I can get them laying some eggs, and then in the future try to raise some babies.

But the SPS frags are so stunning there, that could easily change.

Soldato
Not a carpet nem. Would never recomend one of those to anyone, mine ate about £100 of fish including both the clowns that were trying ro host it before i donated it back to the shop

Bubble tip is where its at :)

Soldato
****! Did you see it kill them? They are vicious beasts.

TBH I get kinda freaked out by things that move violently/suddenly, so nems have never been on my radar. I did once impulse buy a pink tube nem, which looked amazing, but throbbed in my hand when I put I put it in the tank. It creeped me out for about a month. I got a friend to move it once, poor sod had no idea. :D

I also don't particularly like big shrimps, I've only ever had sexy shrimp which were so tiny I was ok with them. And Peppermint ones when I needed them to take care of some aips. The cleaner shrimp are too big.

Soldato
I knew they ate unhealthy fish or anything else they could catch but that one was just vicious, ate both clowns, any snails or hermets that came within reach, a goby and a fire fish

The only thing it didnt eat was the sexy shrimp that lived on it.

In comparission my bubbles have never eaten any fish, Old pic pre my tank being nuked by brook

Qji3zhd.jpg

Associate
sooo...... Auto feeders.

Any ideas for autofeeding fish that will only eat live food? Daphnia can be long living but how could i add them to a tank periodically?

It's only for 2 scarlet badis so doesn't have to be large amounts. should I just introduce large volumes to the tank and hope the fish dont pig out and snack periodically?

Soldato
No such thing as far as I am aware. I wouldn't put additional food in the tank, the fish are likely to just eat it all.

I would be working on getting them off live and onto dry if I were you. There are very few freshwater fish that you can't get off live foods, it just takes a bit of work.

Soldato
sooo...... Auto feeders.

Any ideas for autofeeding fish that will only eat live food? Daphnia can be long living but how could i add them to a tank periodically?

It's only for 2 scarlet badis so doesn't have to be large amounts. should I just introduce large volumes to the tank and hope the fish dont pig out and snack periodically?

Possibly use a dosing pump with the container upside down, that was you can leave them in the water and just feed as much as you like as often as you like.

Would take some fiddling about but ive seen it
Done with mysis shrimp in liquid (admitadly they were dead)

Associate
No such thing as far as I am aware. I wouldn't put additional food in the tank, the fish are likely to just eat it all.

I would be working on getting them off live and onto dry if I were you. There are very few freshwater fish that you can't get off live foods, it just takes a bit of work.
That is in the grand plan and what i'm working on but my holiday is in 2months now and proress is slow. It's a shrimp tank mainly so the young shrimp can be eaten but that wont guarantee to feed the 2 fish if there's no shrimplets at the time.

detritus worms might come in handy and I'm trying to encourage as much life in the tank as possible, pest snails etc. I might buy some young shrimp that can be snacks. right now the fish only accept live and sometimes some frozen food. they're getting better at eating from a pipette i use but dry food from a feeder is a long journey ahead

Back
Top Bottom