What was the first game you ever played?

Soldato
Anyone else encounter the bug where the game would crash after repeated attempts of gaining extra lives by grabbing the gold in one of the rooms?
I don't remember being that savvy back then. I do remember killing the ninja and fat man and then exiting and re entering the screen for hours to fight them over and over

@joey1211 did you play zorro? It was similar

Soldato
I'll show my age here.

Pong was the first game I played, my cousin had one for Christmas, not sure of the year but I have a vague recollection of the console being orange, but I could be wrong.
same, didn't have my own computer till the c64 which was bought of the same cousins when they got bored!
Oh my lord, I remember that, if we are going down that route

jch1pb8.png

LGh5Rgb.png
script>
still got one of those in the house - was the shark game version though. they could not have been good for our eyes!

Man of Honour
Something typed in from a printout on a home built orange box thing.

Genuinely can't remember the first game that was shop bought. Probably was Commodore PET though.

I think I had been to the cinema to see Star Wars when it was first released and my brother took me into the arcade which was opposite and we played:

I was 7 at the time. After that we got a Binatone home console which had tennis, squash, "football" which were all just variants on bat and ball games.

edit:

This:

Soldato
My dad bought a Colecovision with the Atari adapter off my uncle, with a load of games, when I was very young. So can't remember what I would have played 1st, loved me some Time Pilot though.

I do remember the 1st game I played on my Spectrum +2.
Horace goes skiing.

Soldato
I was 7 at the time. After that we got a Binatone home console which had tennis, squash, "football" which were all just variants on bat and ball games.

edit:

This:
I've got one of those machines in my attic (bought froma boot sale about 10 years ago for £3.50), though I've never actually tried it. Before my time, first time around, but would like to try it when I get chance.

Associate
I was brought up on Airfix and Scalextric, computers were not really something on the radar as a kid. We never owned a computer until the 386 generation.

First experience of playing games at friends houses:

Manic Minor, Chucky Egg & Horace Goes Sking.
NES Duck Hunt and the Motorcross Game (was in awe).
SNES Mario Kart & Street Fighter 2 probably the first games where (like online multi players today) we were borderline addicted. Bunking school to play. :eek:

For me, a lot of my games were purchased when we used to go on holiday so it influenced the game choice (I never heard of The Simpsons at the time!?).

Nintendo Game and Watch - The Legend of Zelda
Gameboy - The Simpsons & an F1 game.
PC - Grand Prix Unlimited & Aces of the Pacific

Soldato
Pontins 1982. My introduction to Video games, I was greeted with a Monaco GP sit down cab in the main foyer. The machine still looks amazing today with the digital readouts and fully formed wheel and shifter.

Soldato
Looks terrible! And that music :confused:

Ah Monty on the Run. The game that if you did not pick the correct 5 items from a choice of 21 at the beginning, you could not complete it. Now that's replay value :)

Edit: 20,349 different combinations

I remember the monty games.

I'm going to start a list of all my spectrum games.

Commando
Daley Thompson decathlon
Hyper sports
Outrun
Supergran
Harrier attack
Yie ar kung-fu
Manic miner
JSW
Spellbound
Daley thompsons supertest
Beach head
Sabre wulf
Chuckie egg
Donkey Kong
Make-a-chip
Horrice goes skiing
Hungry horrice
Skool daze
Robocop
Bubble bobble

Tbc...

Soldato
Daley Thompson decathlon

Daley thompsons supertest
Killed more than one joystick playing these :D

My dad discovered in the final 1500m event on Decathlon, if you gave the computer opponent a headstart, say waiting 15 seconds before moving at all, then you would more easily beat them.

Landing the ski-jump in supertest was a real SOB!

Back
Top Bottom