• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato

Nice comparison video showing actual fps. The 5700XT is very impressive especially considering it is running at 1708MHz while the 2070s is at 1920MHz.

Yeah also all 2070S are stuck at max 2050Mhz overclocks, even aftermarket >£500 ones.
However I am more baffled that the ram shows such low clocks on the 5700XT while has the same ram as the 2070S. It should be showing 7000mhz also not 871.

Soldato
So from what I’m seeing overclocking is just about moot on Navi at this point.

The problem is the power draw - I haven’t seen anyone able to feed the card with some decent power

Even slapping a 5700xt on a custom loop and overclocking only yielded 5% extra performance from that igor YouTube video and the power draw only increased by a messily 20watts

Until someone figures out how to fix the power draw, the only benefit of better coolingis lower temps but not better performance as such

Associate

The problem is the power draw - I haven’t seen anyone able to feed the card with some decent power

Even slapping a 5700xt on a custom loop and overclocking only yielded 5% extra performance from that igor YouTube video and the power draw only increased by a messily 20watts

Until someone figures out how to fix the power draw, the only benefit of better coolingis lower temps but not better performance as such
Yet people here have been able to achieve over 1950 in air (blower cooler) by undervolting the card.

Caporegime
Yet people here have been able to achieve over 1950 in air (blower cooler) by undervolting the card.

Some people are hitting 2050 on the blower.
But that still doesn't make his point wrong.

There's headroom that's potentially power limited
It might not even get "fixed" because this is a mid range gpu.

The AIB cards might not be power limited but we'd have to see

Soldato
It might be AMDs plan to allow board partners more freedom with power and overclocking.

The 5700 is limited and the XT while does show some gains isn't massive yet but like Martini1991 said AIB GPUs might be allowed more.

Soldato

One thing repeating this week, and I am ignored. Hilbert (guru3d) said that MSI AB (used on 99% of the reviews, including the water cooled and custom cooled ones) DOESN'T SUPPORT NAVI YET and having power delivery issues. These will be fixed when new version of MSI AB is out.

So we all should take with a truckload of salt the usage of MSI AB on tweaking the Navi GPUs.

Soldato
Here with Arctic Accelero Extreme IV.

Personally I would be considering Morpheus Vega if was going to use a Morpheus. For no other reason as the cooler is higher than Morpheus II allowing for VRMs on chokes. On Vega 64 with Morpheus II, more than half the chokes cannot fit heatsinks due to height. (even the short ones do not fit on my V64).
I saw that. I also notice how bent the coldplate was to get a good mount. IMHO, not good.

Soldato

Well you must have missed Igors latest test where he was hitting over 2200mhz and the 5700xt was then faster than his max OC 2070s in SOTTR.

Soldato
Well you must have missed Igors latest test where he was hitting over 2200mhz and the 5700xt was then faster than his max OC 2070s in SOTTR.

Please note that my post was before igor managed to by pass the BIOS power limits.

Which is exactly what I said in my post...

Soldato
https://youtu.be/U1y-J0p-uJc

Have anyone taken note to the number of comments regarding concerns made on the review navi?

HC is reknown for those things and their Pro Nvidia content. I love the comment section for the laughs, but not their videos.
And some of them are glorious

"a lot of these games are including raytracing" - what? O_o i seem to have missed about 10-20 game releases with RTX enabled.

Lol he holds up a non rtx 2080ti and says ray tracing. Clearly he has never turned that feature on in game because it becomes a blurry low FPS slideshow

:D

But the best part is, when he said you can buy 1080Ti for $350, and posts are up saying " where shows us the link" :D

Last edited:
Soldato
HC is reknown for those things and their Pro Nvidia content. I love the comment section for the laughs, but not their videos.
And some of them are glorious

:D

But the best part is, when he said you can buy 1080Ti for $350, and posts are up saying " where shows us the link" :D
$350 New? I like to see a link as well. :eek:
My goodness some of those comments are golden. Some have even "unsubb'd". But I have to wonder how someone could be so brazen? 5700XT has been a resounding success when compared to Vega.
That review has been up for a few days now and there are still people posting comments about how bad that review was.

Soldato
$350 New? I like to see a link as well. :eek:
My goodness some of those comments are golden. Some have even "unsubb'd". But I have to wonder how someone could be so brazen? 5700XT has been a resounding success when compared to Vega.
That review has been up for a few days now and there are still people posting comments about how bad that review was.

The issue with HC is that their words (script) contradict their own displayed results on the video. And while doing an AMD GPU video, holding most of the time a Nvidia card on his hand.
As many have put, a label "this video is sponsored by Nvidia" could have made a lot of more sense. :D

Associate
I liked it when he said (HC) 'If you think these cards are too expensive' when they're £100 cheaper than NV.

Shill.

Nvidia have certainly been splashing the cash on paid shills just lately! So many of them coming out of the woodwork with this release, trying to play it down, and going into full damage limitation mode. :D

Back
Top Bottom