What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Spider-Man Far from Home 8/10

Great fun and great twists, which were obvious if you know the comics.

Loved the mid credit scene setting up the next film and the actor they had playing the part is the only actor they could have got.

Soldato
HellBoy reboot.
Terrible.
Such an inconsistent film in pacing, tone, style, quality, story.
It like what would happen if they gave a student fresh out of film school a blank cheque and told them to make a Hollywood blockbuster. :/

Associate
The Neverending Story (1984) 6.5/10

I remember watching this as a child and coming away confused lol, it was a good movie for it's time but in today's world of CGI / stories it can't really compete. Short fantasy movie.

Caporegime

I remember watching this as a child and coming away confused lol, it was a good movie for it's time but in today's world of CGI / stories it can't really compete. Short fantasy movie.

Genuine story - When I was a young lad - maybe 6 or something and my friend suggested watching it on video, I said no way as I literally thought it was a never ending movie!

Man of Honour

Interesting you say that as I remember being really confused by it as a child. Someone is reading a story about someone else... or something, never quite clear whether things are ongoing / in the past etc. As an adult it’s hopefully a bit more coherent!

The dragon thing was awesome. Maybe I shouldn’t rewatch to keep my fond memories :o

Soldato
Genuine story - When I was a young lad - maybe 6 or something and my friend suggested watching it on video, I said no way as I literally thought it was a never ending movie!

I watched it fair few times as a kid, it did drag a bit though.

Can anyone remember a movie called Fuzz Bucket, guess it came out around a similar time to The Never Ending Story, if I remember correctly it was about this boy who created this creature in his kitchen called fuzz bucket.

Soldato

The Rockbiter used to terrify me when I was a kid.. Wasn't bothered by the Gmork though for some reason.

Soldato

From the Wiki page; Genre - Biography :eek::D

The Rockbiter used to terrify me when I was a kid.. Wasn't bothered by the Gmork though for some reason.

Yeah, and for me I think it was simply because G'mork was very badly done; the puppet was too rubbery, and the lip syncing terrible. Just made it look silly rather than a terrifying agent of the Nothing.

Associate
Used to love Neverending Story. I keep hoping it pops up on Netflix or Prime so I can watch it with my kids. They liked Labyrinth, so might dig this too.

Sad with the horse bit, though :(

Labyrinth was another childhood movie that confused me, never knew what was going on, it was one of those movies you never watch from start to finish in one go.

Associate
Stuber (2019) - 6/10

A modern take on the “ride-along” premise using Uber and its driver as the main comedy vehicle.

Not that funny, but enjoyable enough with plenty of silly and slapstick moments.

The plot is mediocre, the emotional growth scenes are poorly implemented, but the acting is ok, if a bit forced at times.

Soldato
Fast & The Furious 8 - 7.5/10

It's a good action movie but, like it's two predecessors is not really F&TF, at least not in the sense of the first film. Dom's group of street racing associates gone from slightly OTT but still feasible truck hijacking to a team of International Super Agents... Not to mention the Shaw brothers, previously mortal enemies suddenly working for the good guys! More like a cross between XXX and The Expendables.

Back
Top Bottom