What retro game would you like to see modernised?

Soldato
My favourite game of the past few years has been Volgarr the Viking. It's a trip down memory lane, albeit not a direct remake it does carry a lot of inspiration from Rastan (first level starts nearly identically) and Ghouls & Ghosts.

Permabanned
Hunter would be a great game on todays machines.

Bloodwych/Dungeon Master (I know we have Legends of Grimrock which is good but just isn't as good as DM).

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - the first one was really great with a brilliant story - just needs it's graphics updating.

I have loads more :D

M.
No dungeon crawler is as good as dungeon master tbh. Even today it’s good, I recently completed it again using the free return to chaos on pc. I used Halk, hissssa, upfront attack and mophus, gothmog for rear party fighters.

Soldato
No dungeon crawler is as good as dungeon master tbh. Even today it’s good, I recently completed it again using the free return to chaos on pc. I used Halk, hissssa, upfront attack and mophus, gothmog for rear party fighters.

I normally go for Zed and Halk but normally have Mophus and Gothmog at the rear. I've redone the game so many times and still haven't really changed the party!

M.

Permabanned
Had to Google it as never played it. But it's basically eye of the beholder / hired guns style so I would have loved it back then I'm sure
You missed out my friend still worth playing today and better than a lot of titles made in 2019
Download here for PC with the sequel Chaos Strikes back which allows you to use your original party that is very powerful at the end of Dungeon master
http://www.ragingmole.com/RTC/

Permabanned
I normally go for Zed and Halk but normally have Mophus and Gothmog at the rear. I've redone the game so many times and still haven't really changed the party!

M.
Yeah STAMM is supposed to be good upfront too but never tried him. Funny how we both picked the same rear fighters.

Did you everg play Dungeon master 2, its part of the RTC that i linked above, i never played that one as it moved away from the original and Chaos Strikes back. I heard it wasnt as good.

Soldato
Yeah STAMM is supposed to be good upfront too but never tried him. Funny how we both picked the same rear fighters.

Did you everg play Dungeon master 2, its part of the RTC that i linked above, i never played that one as it moved away from the original and Chaos Strikes back. I heard it wasnt as good.

Yeah own the original somewhere. It wasn't a bad game but no where near as good as DM. Alternatives I liked were Eye of the Beholder and Bloodwych.

Rear two I bet are pretty common. Healer and Mage - got to be good at smooshing them damn eyeballs!

M.

Permabanned
Yeah own the original somewhere. It wasn't a bad game but no where near as good as DM. Alternatives I liked were Eye of the Beholder and Bloodwych.

Rear two I bet are pretty common. Healer and Mage - got to be good at smooshing them damn eyeballs!

M.
I remember bloodwych and beholder. I never played either as I compared them to dm at time and still not as good from my first impressions. Is beholder worth playing today?

Soldato
I remember bloodwych and beholder. I never played either as I compared them to dm at time and still not as good from my first impressions. Is beholder worth playing today?

Beholder really holds up well. It's not a bad game at all but different in the mechanics as you have to sleep to gain levels and spells and to re-charge the spell, again, you have to sleep.

Bloodwych is really good - it was really designed as a two player rather than a one player and the one player run through just has a slightly differently designed bit of the dungeon where by you'd originally need the two players. It's definitely worth a go though - again the spell casting is slightly different whereby you pick a spell from the spell book but some of the spells (such as Levitate) add an extra dimension to the game.

M.

Soldato
That's a sour answer lol. You saw this thread and decided you would come and type that?
I find that hilarious.

Cmon man resident evil 2 was pretty good? No?

My reply was not intended to be "sour".

RE2 was a good remake yes, but it didn't give me the feels of the original when I played that for the first time. Which I think would be the problem with remaking/updating retro games. They just wouldn't have the same nostalgic feeling to them.

Soldato
My reply was not intended to be "sour".

RE2 was a good remake yes, but it didn't give me the feels of the original when I played that for the first time. Which I think would be the problem with remaking/updating retro games. They just wouldn't have the same nostalgic feeling to them.
That's true, what it felt like originally can never be recaptured, but evoking the memories of a pleasant feeling

Back
Top Bottom