• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Right well i took the plunge and ordered a 3700x from ocuk.

Hopefully should come asap as ocuk had 10 in stock regarding the 3700x processor.

I looked at another competitor but they did not have in stock so i looked at ocuk and ordered from them heh.

Dan.

Associate
before i overclocked and undervolted my idle voltage was 1.45v (auto) and temps were mid 40's at idle, soon as i ran anything demanding cpu would hit 90 degrees

take a look, this is after i played about a bit with my 3900x and asus crosshair viii formula x570

https://valid.x86.fr/i6ykfc

Is this running the IF with a divider? Just wondering why the uncore is at 933mhz or is that it's normal speed.

Soldato
why is supply for 3900x so bad?

It's getting really tedious now.

Nvidia are playing the same game, artificially raising the price. The supply/demand thing only works if the two factors are present in some form. I think the way these tactics are being played out, they can restrict supply all they like because demand will eventually plummet regardless.

Associate
Well I just spoke to they guys about my cheap Taichi because it was meant to ship today but was still on Awaiting Picking. Got upgraded to weekend free, and automatically change to awaiting dispatched. Now I am just hoping that Gibbo gives us good news on 3800X but I am not keeping my hopes up :(

Soldato
Well I just spoke to they guys about my cheap Taichi because it was meant to ship today but was still on Awaiting Picking. Got upgraded to weekend free, and automatically change to awaiting dispatched. Now I am just hoping that Gibbo gives us good news on 3800X but I am not keeping my hopes up :(

Apparently no current stock of the Taichi (elsewhere), I ordered on Sunday but wasn't in the first batch, more stock due on Monday. Doh

Associate
Still waiting on that Taichi to be delivered. Said estimated time was monday but I knew that wasn't likely.

I will very surprised if the 3800 is much, if at all, better than the 3700 for gaming. Certainly, if it does end up better, many people will be upset if they bought a 3700x already.

Soldato
Wouldn’t people have bought the chip on the performance it offered and the cost saving.
probably for the most part but there'll have been those who simply couldn't wait. then there'll probably a number of 'outliers' who bought the 3900x for gaming - if the 3800x proves to be substantially better for gaming than it they'll be the ones most likely to be annoyed. but that's assuming it's substantially better than the other chips.
it's most likely not going to be that different and almost certainly not going to be some super chip but there has to be a reason why they don't exist in the wild yet.

Back
Top Bottom