Racing wheel

Soldato
Been using it now and I see what you mean. I'll have a look into the foam mod. I've also seen people using the clutch pedal as brake too.
I just removed the rubber bit, I like quite a long brake pedal travel. I find the spring alone gives enough resistance, and I can get more control over the brakes with the increased sensitivity and extra usable pedal travel, meaning i dont feel the need to resort to stamping my pedal through the floor or resorting to setting usuable pedal travel to 40-50% and needing to turn on ABS due to sudden ramp up of braking force.
Yeah so it make be slightly less realistic but its much more usable.

Soldato
I was thinking of picking up my fist wheel recently and was looking at the t150 pro or g29
Apparently the t150 force feedback is better and quieter and the pro pedals are better.

I think the g29 is ment to be better made/more reliable ?

Associate
OP
I was thinking of picking up my fist wheel recently and was looking at the t150 pro or g29
Apparently the t150 force feedback is better and quieter and the pro pedals are better.

I was torn between the t150 and G29. Ended up with the G29 purely based on recommendations and reviews of it. If you do decide to go with the G29 make sure you get this model and not the G920. They are the same aside from the G29 has extra buttons on the wheel (dial and the + and - buttons). I got the G29 (wheel and pedals) with a stick shifter for £180. It's unlikely that I'll use the shifter but it was the same price as the G29 (wheels and pedals) on it's own.

The G29 feels very well made with the paddle shifters made of metal as well as part of the wheel.

Side note about the G29 and G920. The G29 is for PS3/4 and PC while the G920 is for Xbox One and PC.

Associate

I had a T300rs with T3PA Pro pedals and G29 at the same time so had back to back testing.

I kept the G29 and sold the T300. IMO, G29 pedals are better especially the brake.

I preferred the feeling from the G29 wheel over the T300, hard to explain but seems I was getting more information/feeling through the wheel with a faster response over the T300.

Only thing I miss about the T300 was the Ferrari F1 rim and the fact it was a little stronger.

All just my opinion, YMMV

Associate
I've had my G29 for about 6 months and find it very good. The only issue if you can call it that is it can be noisy when driving over rough ground/curbs etc, or rather other people in the house find it noisy.

Associate
I've had my G29 for about 6 months and find it very good. The only issue if you can call it that is it can be noisy when driving over rough ground/curbs etc, or rather other people in the house find it noisy.

I have both the G27 and G29. Both are a bit noisy also. They both use helical gearing instead of a belt driven setup.

And from what I've read on sites like Reddit and such. Helical gearing seems more reliable than belt-driven. So pro's and con's I guess.

Soldato
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Logitech or Thrustmaster options. If it's your first decent wheel & pedal set then I'm sure you'd enjoy either.

A couple of points:
Some people prefer belt driven wheels over gear driven wheels. Honestly though, I've used a friend's G29 and got on fine with it. Don't let it put you off.

Some people say the lower-end Thrustmaster wheels have a high failure rate. I don't know how true this is but if you're buying new then I can't see it being a problem.

The Logitech pedals are generally considered to be better than the standard set (not T3PA) that come with Thrustmaster wheels.

Back
Top Bottom